To increase the visibility and use of MEMBER FOCUSED RESOURCES on the information website (members.cap.org) and social media channels to drive member loyalty and engagement by leveraging data (e.g. ForeSee, NPS, user panels, web and social media statistics, social media study, etc.) to better understand the needs of current and prospective members.
This committee reports to the COUNCIL ON MEMBERSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. View a list of the CURRENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS.
|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||1|
|Length of meetings||1 day|
|Typical meeting days||Friday|
|Meeting locations||Meeting in conjunction with the Council on Membership and Professional Development (CMPD) cluster meeting|
|Number of virtual meetings||4-6 per year; 1-1.5 hours each|
|Hours/year of committee work required outside of meetings||Members 15-20, Vice Chair 20-30, Chair 60-65|
|Additional travel or time commitments||Committee member attendance at CAP events (ie Spring House of Delegates/Residents Forum (HOD/RF), Policy, and Annual meetings) is strongly encouraged|
Activities of Committee
- Provide editorial consultation and oversight of the MEMBER RESOURCES SECTION of cap.org.
- Serve as the editorial board for possible topics and authors for members.cap.org and social media channels.
- Collaborates with other CMPD committees, as well as external experts who are proposing content for our member audience on members.cap.org.
- Individual members will serve as topic editors for members.cap.org and/or write and create articles on monthly deadlines.
- Individual members will contribute short informative posts and/or images for sharing on CAP social media channels.
- Provide input into CAP events (Spring HOD/RF, Policy and Annual Meeting) social media plans.
- Provide oversight of the bi-yearly member and customer social media study.
Expertise or Experience
- Editorial and/or publishing experience
- Active user of and/or interest in social media
- Interest in promoting use and adoption of social media in the practice of pathology and laboratory medicine
- Previous service on a CMPD committee is preferred
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Opportunity to help shape the editorial "expression" of the CAP informational website in particular MEMBERS.CAP.ORG
- Increased knowledge of current and emerging trends and topics in pathology
- Opportunity to develop communication skills