Successfully navigating the complexities associated with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) can become a full-time occupation.
It seems the rules are forever changing, getting the right data can be challenging, and if your billing company is handling part of the reporting for you, are you sure your MIPS score reflects what you deserve? After all, every pathology practice is unique, and it’s critical to report the specific data that best demonstrates your value.
Get paid for the value you provide with the quality measures and expert guidance you need.
The Pathologists Quality Registry, a CMS Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR), offers pathology-specific quality measures along with support from our dedicated team of MIPS experts, ensuring you can showcase your worth and get paid for the value you provide.
With CMS increasing the MIPS score threshold to avoid penalties to 75 points for the 2022 Performance Year, large practices relying solely on the six pathology Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) in the public domain for reporting, may not earn the points required to avoid a penalty in 2024.
|MIPS Performance Year||2021||2022|
|MIPS Performance Threshold||60||75|
|MIPS Exceptional Performance Threshold||85||89|
|Ability to Earn Bonus Points for High Priority Measures||Y||N|
Estimated 2022 MIPS Score for Large Practices
You Won’t Score Higher with Another Registry
In 2020, two CAP QCDR measures*, uniquely available in the Pathologists Quality Registry, received performance-year benchmarks making them worth 10-points each
- CAP28: Helicobacter pylori Status and Turnaround Time
- CAP32: Prostate Cancer Gleason Pattern, Score, and Grade Group
CAP’s QCDR measures with benchmarks help large practices achieve higher MIPS scores. When reporting data to MIPS, replacing two ‘topped out’ measures with CAP28 and CAP32 (benchmarked CAP QCDR measures), enables pathologists to earn a maximum of 83 points on six measures.
* The CAP expects to replicate this in performance year 2021 and two additional Pathologists Quality Registry QCDR measures are also expected to receive performance year benchmarks.
Practices have an opportunity to receive a significantly higher MIPS score using the CAP’s Pathologists Quality Registry’s pathology specific QCDR measures.
- Submit 6 QPP measures (assume 100% performance) & full credit for IA
- Receive 74.5 FINAL MIPS SCORE (BELOW Performance Threshold of 75)
- Submit 4 QPP + 2 benchmarked QCDR measures (assume 100% performance) & full credit for IA
- Receive 83 FINAL MIPS SCORE
Our Experience Makes all the Difference
The Pathologists Quality Registry can help reduce burdens associated with compliance and maximize your opportunities for positive payment adjustments through more streamlined reporting and one-to-one practice support:
- Subject matter experts offer you optimal performance with practice-specific MIPS policy interpretation
- Flexible data collection for measures including a variety of reporting options allow you to select the best fit for your practice
Pathologists Quality Registry by the Numbers
- 1000+ Pathologists have used this proven solution
- 100+ Practices both large and small benefit from flexible data collection and submission methods
- 20+ Integrations with LIS & billing services have reduced the time and resources needed to comply
More Visibility Into Your Performance
As CMS continues to move away from the use of claims-based measures, many providers are moving away from claims-based reporting due to the declining number of relevant measures and lack of visibility into their data and score when submitting it to CMS. In fact, many pathologists are choosing solutions like the Pathologists Quality Registry to provide timely performance feedback and ease of reporting.
Make the Same Call Over 1,000 of Your Colleagues Have
If you would like your practice to reap the benefits of a team of experts offering practice-specific support for complying with MIPS—and receive proper compensation for your value—please contact one of our representatives today at 800-323-4040, option 3 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quality Payment Program (QPP)
Learn more and view CAP resources to help you understand how the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) affects pathologists.
Review Enrollment Requirements
Learn more about enrollment requirements and reporting options which may be available to your practice when using the Pathologists Quality Registry.