The Voice of the Membership
The House of Delegates (HOD) represents the voice of CAP membership and is a gateway to leadership. The HOD ensures that CAP policies and initiatives meet the needs of the members we represent. Our strategy is to:
- Articulate to the Board of Governors what the HOD believes are needs of our members
- Monitor the effectiveness of the CAP to meet these needs
- Provide feedback and progress back to our constituents
2020 HOD Election Timeline
Call for Candidates
October 4, 2019
Submission forms deadline
November 1, 2019
Candidate slates sent to state societies for endorsement
January 10, 2020
Deadline for state societies to endorse candidates
March 9, 2020
April 20, 2020
April 30, 2020
Election results announced
June 15, 2020
Delegate Chair election results due from each delegation
The House of Delegates Steering Committee acts as an executive committee and conducts business during the interval between HOD meetings. See the current members of the Steering Committee.
If you are a CAP fellow and are interested in being a member of the House of Delegates, or you are already a delegate, familiarize yourself with leadership opportunities, orientation materials and other helpful information to start your delegate journey.
Meeting Dates and Locations
- 2019 Spring House of Delegates meeting March 16, 2019, at the MGM National Harbor, MD.
- 2019 Fall House of Delegates meeting is September 21, 2019, at the Gaylord Palms, Orlando, FL.
Previous HOD Meeting Materials and Minutes
Access previous HOD meeting recordings, agenda books, and minutes.
Presentations and Recordings
See past presentations and listen to recordings from meetings you may have missed.
- Login and CAP Membership Required.