The Voice of the Membership
The House of Delegates (HOD) represents the voice of CAP membership and is a gateway to leadership. The HOD ensures that CAP policies and initiatives meet the needs of the members we represent. Our strategy is to:
- Articulate to the Board of Governors what the HOD believes are needs of our members
- Monitor the effectiveness of the CAP to meet these needs
- Provide feedback and progress back to our constituents
The HOD in Action
The following videos provide a glimpse of HOD activities from their most recent meeting:
- HOD Candidate Forum- CAP President-Elect and Board of Governors candidates took live questions from meeting participants ranging from advocacy issues, diversity, pathologist resilience and wellness, and dealing with career transition.
- Joint HOD/RF Session- Updates from CAP leadership at the joint HOD/RF session.
2020 HOD Steering Committee Election Timeline
Members of the House of Delegates Steering Committee (HODSC) are elected for two year terms with elections scheduled for the 2020 Fall Meeting, October 10, 2020 in Las Vegas. The HODSC ensures that HOD meetings are productive and valuable and that the HOD continues to be a strong voice of the membership. Involvement in the HODSC is a great way to take advantage of the leadership opportunities offered through participation in the HOD. Read the HODSC job descriptions.
2020 HODSC Election Timeline
April 15, 2020
Nomination period opens
May 29, 2020
Nomination period closes
June 5, 2020
Nominating Committee reviews candidates and determines the slate
June 12, 2020
Nominating Committee Reports the slate of candidates
July 10, 2020
Deadline for nomination by petition
October 10, 2020
House of Delegates meeting
October 10, 2020
Election of Steering Committee members.
Members take office immediately following the elections
Roles and Responsibilities
Familiarize yourself with HOD leadership opportunities, orientation materials, and other helpful information to start your delegate journey.
The House of Delegates Steering Committee acts as an executive committee and conducts business during the interval between HOD meetings. Learn about steering committee positions as well as view current members of the Steering Committee.
HOD Meeting Information
HOD meetings are a forum to engage with CAP leadership. These meetings are an opportunity for CAP leadership to gain insights on the needs of members, and for HOD members to get updates on how the CAP leadership is addressing member needs. HOD meetings play a vital role to assist the CAP stay current and relevant to its members.
HOD meetings are held twice a year—in the spring and fall. HOD members fulfill their role by attending these meetings.
Note, HOD meetings are open to all CAP members who wish to attend.
- The 2020 Fall House of Delegates meeting is October 10, 2020 at the Wynn, Las Vegas, NV.
Previous HOD Meeting Materials and Minutes
Access previous HOD meeting recordings, agenda books, and minutes.
Presentations and Recordings
See past presentations and listen to recordings from meetings you may have missed.
- Login and CAP Membership Required.