The Voice of the Membership
The House of Delegates (HOD) represents the voice of CAP membership and is a gateway to leadership. The HOD ensures that CAP policies and initiatives meet the needs of the members we represent. Our strategy is to:
- Articulate to the Board of Governors what the HOD believes are needs of our members
- Monitor the effectiveness of the CAP to meet these needs
- Provide feedback and progress back to our constituents
2020 Fall House of Delegates Meeting
Our virtual HOD meeting will deliver a full day of connections and content designed to tackle the tough topics you have told us are vital to you—from the impact of COVID-19 on pathology practices to advocacy updates that will inform you and your colleagues in the months and year to come.
We begin with HOD Steering Committee elections at 10:00 AM CT and conclude with a virtual networking session at 4:00 PM CT.
The HOD in Action
The following videos provide a glimpse of HOD activities.
- 2020 HOD Candidate Forum- The 2020 House of Delegates Board of Governors Virtual Candidate Forum replaces the live event. HOD Speaker Kathryn T. Knight, MD, FCAP, presents Board of Governors candidates with questions from CAP HOD members ranging from the impact of COVID19 to advocacy issues, diversity, and other issues challenging the profession.
- Joint HOD/RF Session- CAP HOD/RF Spring 19: Joint Session video coverage on Facebook.
2020 HOD Steering Committee Election Timeline
Members of the House of Delegates Steering Committee (HODSC) are elected for two year terms with elections scheduled for the 2020 Fall Meeting, October 10, 2020 in Las Vegas. The HODSC ensures that HOD meetings are productive and valuable and that the HOD continues to be a strong voice of the membership. Involvement in the HODSC is a great way to take advantage of the leadership opportunities offered through participation in the HOD. Read the HODSC job descriptions.
2020 HODSC Election Timeline
April 15, 2020
Nomination period opens
May 29, 2020
Nomination period closes
June 5, 2020
Nominating Committee reviews candidates and determines the slate
June 12, 2020
Nominating Committee Reports the slate of candidates
July 10, 2020
Deadline for nomination by petition
October 10, 2020
House of Delegates meeting
October 10, 2020
Election of Steering Committee members.
Members take office immediately following the elections
Roles and Responsibilities
Familiarize yourself with HOD leadership opportunities, orientation materials, and other helpful information to start your delegate journey.
The House of Delegates Steering Committee acts as an executive committee and conducts business during the interval between HOD meetings. Learn about steering committee positions as well as view current members of the Steering Committee.
HOD Meeting Information
HOD meetings are a forum to engage with CAP leadership. These meetings are an opportunity for CAP leadership to gain insights on the needs of members, and for HOD members to get updates on how the CAP leadership is addressing member needs. HOD meetings play a vital role to assist the CAP stay current and relevant to its members.
HOD meetings are held twice a year—in the spring and fall. HOD members fulfill their role by attending these meetings.
Note, HOD meetings are open to all CAP members who wish to attend.
- The 2020 Fall House of Delegates virtual meeting is October 10, 2020.
Previous HOD Meeting Materials and Minutes
Access previous HOD meeting recordings, agenda books, and minutes.
Presentations and Recordings
See past presentations and listen to recordings from meetings you may have missed.
- Login and CAP Membership Required.