The Voice of the Membership
The House of Delegates (HOD) represents the voice of CAP membership and is a gateway to leadership. The HOD ensures that CAP policies and initiatives meet the needs of the members we represent. Our strategy is to:
- Articulate to the Board of Governors what the HOD believes are needs of our members
- Monitor the effectiveness of the CAP to meet these needs
- Provide feedback and progress back to our constituents
The HOD in Action
The following videos provide a glimpse of HOD activities from their most recent meeting:
- HOD Candidate Forum- CAP President-Elect and Board of Governors candidates took live questions from meeting participants ranging from advocacy issues, diversity, pathologist resilience and wellness, and dealing with career transition.
- Joint HOD/RF Session- Updates from CAP leadership at the joint HOD/RF session.
2020 HOD Election Information and Timeline
Members of delegations are elected for three-year terms by the CAP members within their respective state or province. The only requirement to run for an HOD position is to be a CAP Fellow in good standing. Additionally, a successful member of the HOD is an active member of their delegation—this includes attending HOD meetings and being aware of the important issues and needs of CAP members and the ways the CAP is addressing those issues and needs.
If you are interested in running for a seat in the House of Delegates, please reach out to Steve Hansen for more information.
2020 Election Timeline
Call for Candidates
October 4, 2019
Submission form deadline
November 1, 2019
Candidate slates sent to state societies for endorsement
January 10, 2020
Deadline for state societies to endorse candidates
February 10, 2020
March 20, 2020
March 31, 2020
Election results announced
May 15, 2020
Delegate Chair election results due from each delegation
Roles and Responsibilities
Familiarize yourself with HOD leadership opportunities, orientation materials, and other helpful information to start your delegate journey.
The House of Delegates Steering Committee acts as an executive committee and conducts business during the interval between HOD meetings. Learn about steering committee positions as well as view current members of the Steering Committee.
HOD Meeting Information
HOD meetings are a forum to engage with CAP leadership. These meetings are an opportunity for CAP leadership to gain insights on the needs of members, and for HOD members to get updates on how the CAP leadership is addressing member needs. HOD meetings play a vital role to assist the CAP stay current and relevant to its members.
HOD meetings are held twice a year—in the spring and fall, in conjunction with the CAP annual meeting. HOD members fulfill their role by attending these meetings.
Note, HOD meetings are open to all CAP members who wish to attend.
- 2019 Fall House of Delegates meeting is September 21, 2019, at the Gaylord Palms, Orlando, FL.
- 2020 Spring House of Delegates meeting is May 2, 2020, at the Grand Hyatt Washington, DC.
Previous HOD Meeting Materials and Minutes
Access previous HOD meeting recordings, agenda books, and minutes.
Presentations and Recordings
See past presentations and listen to recordings from meetings you may have missed.
- Login and CAP Membership Required.
HOD Contact Information
Steve Hansen, MBA, CAE
Manger, House of Delegates Engagement