What I Need to Know to Enroll in the Pathologists Quality Registry
2022 enrollment for system integration options is closed. Manual entry options (data entry with web tool and manual file upload) remains open until August 31, 2022.
The CAP encourages all eligible pathologists to participate in Medicare's Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), including quality measure reporting and improvement activities attestation. In one easy-to-use dashboard, the Pathologists Quality Registry allows practices to report on CMS-approved quality measures and attest to participation in improvement activities.
Are you eligible to participate in MIPS?
Options for Reporting
The registry has options for all pathologists to reduce the burden of reporting.
- System Integration:
- Automatic Extraction: Practices with access to LIS data have the opportunity for system integration, a process enabling quality data from the LIS to be pulled electronically to the registry for quality measure calculation. QPP and QCDR measures can be reported using this pathway. Early enrollment in the CAP Registry is strongly recommended.
- LIS Data Upload: Practices without direct access to the LIS system (hospital holds data, or data received from multiple LIS systems), but have access to clinical data including narrative and synoptic report can provide quality data to the registry for quality measure calculation. Data must include specific elements in a prescribed format. QPP and QCDR measures can be reported using this pathway. Early enrollment in the CAP Registry is strongly recommended.
- Billing Upload/Billing Upload Hybrid: Practices with limited access to LIS or clinical data can provide quality measure data to the registry using billing data (supplying G-codes/CAT II Codes/QDCs) in a prescribed format. Only QPP measures can be reported using this pathway. QCDR measure data must be provided manually in the bulk data upload via an excel file. Early enrollment in the CAP Registry is strongly recommended.
- For System Integration options, practices must complete the enrollment process no later than June 10, 2022 in order to be eligible to submit PY2022 MIPS data through the registry to meet the CAP 2022 data deadline of January 15, 2023
- Please note the following deadlines for System Integration:
- Practices must have successfully submitted a test file by June 30 if enrolling by June 10 and worked with FIGmd to outline next steps. If a test file not submitted by June 30 an alternate reporting pathway must be selected (manual or bulk upload template option).
- System Integration practices enrolling by June 10 must have test file approved and measures selected for reporting by July 15. If your test file is not approved by July 15, an alternate reporting is pathway must be selected (manual or bulk upload template option
- Manual Entry (Web Data Entry and Bulk Upload): Practices that cannot support a system integration approach, or paper-based practices, have the option for web data entry or bulk data upload via an excel file. Deadline for enrollment is August 31, 2022.
Can my practice submit data through the automatic extraction system integration option?
The CAP has successfully integrated the Pathologists Quality Registry with several Laboratory Information Systems in addition to billing companies for MIPS quality reporting such as: Laboratory Information Systems:
- AP Easy
- Cerner CoPathPlus
- Cortex Gold Standard
- Orchard Pathology
- Sunquest PowerPath
- Practice-developed Information Systems
Log in to hear Michael Gistrak, MD, FCAP discuss his practice’s strategy to reduce MIPS reporting burdens by working with his LIS vendor, NovoPath, and the CAP.
Billing and Practice Management Companies:
- APS Medical Billing
- Change Healthcare (CHC)
- Engage Healthcare Business Services
- HCS Billing Services, LLC
- Physician Data Management LLC/Coronis Health
- XIFIN, Inc.
Log in to hear John Ferguson discuss how Affiliated Pathologists Medical Group collaborated with the CAP and their billing company to streamline MIPS reporting and demonstrate quality across the 18 sites.
Please contact the registry staff if you would like more information on system integration with your billing company or pathology information system.
Can my practice submit data through a web data entry web tool?
The Pathologists Quality Registry offers a solution for pathologists who cannot report through system integration. The web data entry interface will begin accepting 2022 data on January 3, 2022. For web data entry, practices must complete the enrollment process no later than August 31, 2022 in order to be eligible to submit PY2022 MIPS data through the registry and to start entering data to meet the CAP 2022 data deadline of January 15, 2023.
How do I get started?
For all new practices, prior to entering any data, practices must:
- Complete the Registry Inquiry Form. Once received, registry staff will schedule a pre-enrollment call so we can learn more about your practice and determine what will be the best data collection method.
- A pre-enrollment follow-up email will be provided with information on next steps
- During enrollment, you will e-sign legal agreements (Business Associate, Participation, and Data Warehouse Agreements) and pay annual enrollment fees.
- Annual fee (Members): $299/member
- Annual fee (Non-members*): $799/pathologist
* Non-members may join the CAP now or during the enrollment process to qualify for the discounted member rate on the Pathologists Quality Registry. Members also have access to a variety or member resources that will help you strengthen your practice, evolve your skills and support the profession. Learn more about CAP benefits and services.
Once you have completed enrollment, you will be contacted by the registry about next steps.
2022 Dates for Successful participation in the CAP Registry
|January 3, 2022||Web Data Entry and System Integration: 2022 enrollment open.|
|March 31, 2022||2022 CAP Membership Renewed or Pathologists New to the CAP Joined|
|April 15, 2022||Complete enrollment in the CAP Registry|
|May 2, 2022||Measures selected for reporting. |
Q1 data uploaded or entered.
|June 10, 2022||System Integration Deadline: Enrollment for 2022 system integration must be fully complete to ensure time for data mapping.|
Early enrollment for System Integration is strongly recommended.
|July 15, 2022||Q2 data uploaded/entered. Late system integration enrollees must have measures selected and test file approved.|
|August 31, 2022||Manual Entry Deadline: Enrollment for 2022 (Quality and Improvement Activities) must be fully complete|
NOTE: Practices must have Q1-Q3 data entered by October 14, 2022.
Missing this deadline puts your practice at risk for not being able to successfully report to CMS.
|October 14, 2022||Q3 data uploaded/entered. Missing this deadline puts your practice at risk for not being able to successfully report to CMS|
|October 31, 2022||Last date for mapping refinements.|
|December 15, 2022||October – November data uploaded/entered.|
|January 15, 2023||All: manual entry of 2022 cases, CSV Bulk Uploads and all 2022 data for system integration must be entered or uploaded.|
|February 15, 2023||All: Prepare for CMS submission 2022 Quality and Improvement Activities must be submitted to CMS. The CMS final deadline is March 31, 2023, but the CAP establishes an earlier submission date to ensure and verify the successful transmission of pathologists quality reporting data.|