What I Need to Know to Enroll in the Pathologists Quality Registry
Enrollment for the Pathologists Quality Registry for the 2019 reporting period is now closed. 2020 enrollment is now open.
The CAP encourages all eligible pathologists to participate in Medicare's Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), including quality measure reporting and improvement activities attestation. In one easy-to-use dashboard, the Pathologists Quality Registry allows practices to report on CMS-approved quality measures and attest to participation in improvement activities.
The registry has options for all pathologists to reduce the burden of reporting.
- Automatic Extraction: Practices who use an LIS have the opportunity for systems integration, a process to enabling quality data from the LIS to be mapped and pulled or pushed electronically to the registry.
- Web Data Entry: Practices that cannot support a system integration approach, or paper-based practices, have the opportunity for web data entry or bulk data upload via an excel file.
We encourage pathologists to consider the benefits of reporting through the Pathologists Quality Registry over other options.
Can my practice submit data through the automatic extraction system integration option?
The CAP is currently pilot testing LIS-, billing system- and EHR-facilitated data entry into the registry. Please contact the registry staff if you would like more information on system integration with your pathology information system.
Can my practice submit data through a web data entry web tool?
The Pathologists Quality Registry offers a solution for pathologists who do not or cannot report through system integration. The web data entry interface will begin accepting 2020 data on January 2, 2020. For web data entry, practices must complete the enrollment process no later than November 9, 2020 in order to be eligible to submit PY2020 MIPS data through the registry and to start entering data to meet the CMS' MIPS 2020 reporting deadline of March 31, 2021.
How do I get started?
For all new practices, prior to entering any data, practices must:
- Complete the Registry Inquiry Form. Once received, registry staff will schedule a pre-enrollment call so we can learn more about your practice and determine what will be the best data collection method.
- The enrollment link will be provided to practices in their pre-enrollment follow-up email. To ensure you have all of the necessary information to enroll readily available, please review the Enrollment Checklist.
- During enrollment, you will e-sign legal agreements (Business Associate and Data Warehouse Agreement) and pay annual fees.
- Annual fee (Members): $299/member
- Annual fee (Non-members*): $799/pathologist
* Non-members may join the CAP now or during the enrollment process to qualify for the discounted member rate on the Pathologists Quality Registry. Members also have access to a variety or member resources that will help you strengthen your practice, evolve your skills and support the profession. Learn more about CAP benefits and services.
Once you have completed enrollment, you will be contacted by the registry about next steps. Read more on what to expect once enrollment is complete.
2020 MIPS Reporting Period Timeline
|January 2, 2020||Web Data Entry and System Integration: 2020 enrollment and web data entry open.|
|June 10, 2020||System Integration: Enrollment for 2020 system integration closes to ensure time for data mapping|
|July 15, 2020||System Integration practice milestone: practices must have successfully submitted a test file and worked with FIGmd to outline next steps|
|November 9, 2020||Web Data Entry: Enrollment for 2020 (Quality and Improvement Activities) closes|
|January 21, 2021||All: manual entry of 2020 cases, CSV Bulk Uploads and all data mapping for system integration must be completed.|
|February 15, 2021||All: 2020 Quality and Improvement Activities must be submitted to CMS. The CMS final deadline is March 31, 2021, but the CAP establishes an earlier submission date to ensure and verify the successful transmission of pathologists quality reporting data.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about using the Pathologists Quality Registry?
Want to enroll in the registry?
Call 800-323-4040 and select Option 3