What I Need to Know to Enroll in the Pathologists Quality Registry
Enrollment for the Pathologists Quality Registry for the 2018 reporting period is now closed. 2019 enrollment is now open.
The CAP encourages all eligible pathologists to participate in Medicare's Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), including quality measure reporting and improvement activities attestation. In one easy-to-use dashboard, the Pathologist Quality Registry allows practices to report on CMS-approved quality measures and attest to participation in improvement activities. The registry dashboard also provides an estimated MIPS score so you can see how you’re doing throughout your reporting.
The registry has options for all pathologists to reduce the burden of reporting.
- Automatic Extraction: Practices who use an LIS have the opportunity for systems integration, a process to enabling quality data from the LIS to be mapped and pulled or pushed electronically to the registry.
- Web Data Entry: Practices that cannot support a system integration approach, or paper-based practices, have the opportunity for web data entry or bulk data upload via an excel file.
We encourage pathologists to consider the benefits of reporting through the Pathologists Quality Registry over other options.
If you participated in the Pathologists Quality Registry in 2018, please contact your FIGmd client account manager to initiate participation in the Pathologists Quality Registry for the 2019 reporting period.
Can my practice submit data through the automatic extraction system integration option?
The CAP is currently pilot testing LIS-, billing system- and EHR-facilitated data entry into the registry. Please contact the registry staff if you would like more information on system integration with your pathology information system.
Can my practice submit data through a web data entry web tool?
The Pathologists Quality Registry offers a solution for pathologists who do not or cannot report through system integration. The web data entry interface will begin accepting 2019 data on January 2, 2019. For web data entry, practices must complete the enrollment process no later than October 1, 2019 in order to be eligible to submit 2019 MIPS through the registry and to start entering data to meet the CMS' MIPS 2019 reporting deadline of March 2020.
How do I get started?
Prior to entering any manual data, practices must:
- Ensure you have all of the necessary information to enroll readily available. We suggest you review the Enrollment Checklist and watch the Enrollment Training Video prior to initiating enrollment.
- Sign legal agreements and pay annual fees via the enrollment portal.
- Annual fee (Members): $299/member
- Annual fee (Non-members*): $799/pathologist
* Non-members may join the CAP now or during the enrollment process to qualify for the discounted member rate on the Pathologists Quality Registry. Members also have access to a variety or member resources that will help you strengthen your practice, evolve your skills and support the profession. Learn more about CAP benefits and services.
Once you have completed enrollment, you will be contacted by the registry about next steps. Read more on what to expect once enrollment is complete.
2019 MIPS Reporting Period Timeline
|Last week of December 2018||Web Data Entry and System Integration: 2019 enrollment opens.|
|April 1, 2019||Web Data Entry: Registry web portal opens for 2019|
|June 30, 2019||System Integration: Enrollment for 2019 system integration closes to ensure time for data mapping|
|July 15, 2019||System Integration practice milestone: practices must have successfully submitted a test file and worked with FIGmd to outline next steps|
|November 9, 2019||Web Data Entry: Enrollment for 2019 (Quality and Improvement Activities) closes|
|December 21, 2019||Improvement Activity Reporting Only: Enrollment for 2019 Improvement Activities-only closes|
|January 21, 2020||All: manual entry of 2019 cases, CSV Bulk Uploads and all data mapping for system integration must be completed.|
|February 15, 2020||All: 2019 Quality and Improvement Activities must be submitted to CMS. The CMS deadline to submit is April 1, 2020, however the CAP needs sufficient time to investigate if any error codes are received during transmissions. These can be caused by erroneous NPIs, TINs, etc. and we want to ensure all clients data is transmitted successfully.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about using the Pathologists Quality Registry?
Want to enroll in the registry?
Call 800-323-4040 and select Option 3