Participating in a council or committee is a great way to be a part of our CAP community. With over 60 committees, project teams, and member survey panels, to apply for, we have many opportunities to become engaged and have an impact on the specialty of pathology.
- All CAP Fellows and Junior members are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Individuals not eligible for CAP membership, including PhDs, non-board-certified pathologists, medical technologists, may also apply.
- The application for 2022 committee appointments closed on May 30, 2021.
- New committee information including number of open positions and average number of applicants is now part of the application to help inform your decision as to which council or committee you are interested in applying for.
- Final Board of Governors approval of committee appointments occurs in late summer.
- Governance staff notifies appointed applicants via email in early fall.
- Applicants not selected to serve on a council or committee will receive notification via email by the end of the calendar year.
- Note that openings may occur on committees or project teams for various reasons throughout the calendar year. In the event of vacancies, we consider applications on file. Individuals are notified immediately about their appointment following Board approval.
- The 2023 Committee Application will open on January 10, 2022.
Length of Appointments
- Appointments are on a calendar year beginning January 1 and ending December 31. Members are eligible for re-appointment based on term limits for each role as defined by CAP policy. All committee appointments are for one year and done annually.
- Once appointed, there is an annual evaluation of committee members based on attendance at meetings, participation in conference calls and assignments, and the overall contribution of subject matter expertise.
Appointment lengths based on position are:
- Chair – 4 years
- Member – 6 years
- Junior Member – 2 years
- Liaison - 6 years
Frequently Asked Questions
Refer to our committee application FAQs that address commonly asked questions about our committee application process.