2018 Practice Leader Survey
The 2018 Practice Leader Survey is the second Advocacy survey targeting pathology practice leaders. In 2016, the CAP fielded the first 2016 Practice Leader survey . Watch the webinar with report highlights and key findings.
The 2018 Practice Leader Survey specifically targets practice leaders and asked each pathology practice about the following:
- Practice demographics, including questions on practice structure, case volume, and staffing levels
- Case mix and revenue sources, including questions on sources of cases for both AP and non-AP services, sources of revenues, and payer mix
- Molecular pathology services and payment
- Practice staffing, including hiring of new pathologists and loss of pathologist positions
- Impacts of mergers and acquisitions
- Market and regulatory issues, problems with coverage and payment, and factors that are expected to affect their practice in the next few years
For questions about the report, please email email@example.com.
Download the Results to the 2016 Practice Leader Survey
As a member benefit, CAP members can access and download the results to the Practice Leader Survey. The survey targeted practice leaders—those in leadership or administrative roles with specific knowledge of the practice's financial, operational, and billing information. The survey was designed to elicit one response from each pathology practice in the United States
Review the 2017 Practice Characteristics Survey
Through our 2017 Practice Characteristics Survey, the CAP gathered objective data you can use to understand how your practice compares to others and how pathologists are dealing with current health care trends and the changing business environment. The 2017 Practice Characteristics Survey helped the CAP set advocacy priorities and understand market pressures and environmental changes that affect you, the practicing pathologist
The survey captured:
- Vital practice member characteristic data
- Information on the concerns and challenges of pathologists
- Compensation data, including salary and benefits
- Practice-related data
The survey closed in May of 2017 after generating more than 1,600 responses from practicing pathologists. CAP members can review the report .
Here are focused analyses on the latest trends from the 2017 Practice Characteristics Survey.
2018 Pathologist Employer Survey
Access the official rules for the 2018 Pathologist Employer Survey sweepstakes.
- Login and CAP membership required.