Due to the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 pandemic on pathology and laboratories, the CAP Policy Roundtable conducted several surveys on testing supplies and economic impact of the pandemic on practices.
COVID-19 Economic Impact Survey
The CAP surveyed board-certified pathologists nationwide and identified several of the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on pathologists and pathology practices.
COVID Laboratory Director Impact Surveys
The CAP surveyed clinical laboratories nationwide regarding the rate of COVID-19 testing, key barriers to expanding testing, and the impact on pathologists and other laboratory professionals. The CAP conducted surveys to see if testing supplies and barriers were in obtaining critical supplies needed to conduct COVID-19 testing.
Practice Characteristics Surveys
The CAP Policy Roundtable conducts the Practice Characteristics Survey every other year to gather data that pathologists can use to understand how their practice compares to others, and how pathologists deal with current health care trends and the changing business environment. The CAP also uses the data gathered to set advocacy priorities and understand market pressures and environmental changes that affect you, the practicing pathologist.
2019 Practice Characteristics Survey
Through our 2019 Practice Characteristics Survey, the CAP gathered objective data you can use to understand how your practice compares to others and how pathologists are dealing with current health care business trends. The 2019 Practice Characteristics Survey helped the CAP set advocacy priorities and understand market pressures that affect you, the practicing pathologist.
The survey captured:
- Information on the concerns and challenges of pathologists
- Compensation data, including salary and benefits
- Practice-related data
Practice Leader Surveys
2021 Practice Leader Survey
The 2021 Practice Leader Survey is the third Advocacy survey targeting pathology practice leaders.
The 2021 Practice Leader Survey specifically targets practice leaders and asked each pathology practice about the following:
- Practice demographics, including questions on practice structure, case volume, and staffing levels
- Case mix and revenue sources, including questions on sources of cases for both AP and non-AP services, sources of revenues, and payer mix
- Molecular pathology services and payment
- Practice staffing, including hiring of new pathologists and loss of pathologist positions
- Impacts of mergers and acquisitions
- Market and regulatory issues, problems with coverage and payment, and factors that are expected to affect their practice in the next few years
For questions about the report, please email email@example.com.
The CAP offers exclusively for members focused analyses on the latest practice characteristics and trends in pathology. Check out these issue briefs:
- Login and CAP membership required.