With the pandemic lingering as new COVID hot spots appear, CAP inspection teams and laboratories may find it necessary to conduct a 100% virtual inspection. A virtual inspection option allows for the completion of an inspection when travel restrictions or safety are a concern. These inspections may venture into unknown territory for both the inspection team and the laboratory.
Join us to hear firsthand about the inspection team’s planning process and timeline, CAP resources and tools used to streamline the inspection, challenges, lessons learned, and recommendations for future success from an inspection team who recently completed their first virtual inspection. Attending this webinar may help alleviate anxiety for both the inspection team and the laboratory as you hear how one team successfully navigated new territory.
- Identify available resources to plan for a virtual CAP inspection
- Maximize the accessibility of document control systems to facilitate a transparent and efficient inspection process
- Discuss strategies of inspectors to organize tasks to enable a thorough and focused audit of laboratory operations
- Recount several challenges and advantages of inspecting virtually
- Foster collaborative relationships between inspection teams and virtually inspected laboratories
Jack A. Maggiore, PhD, MT(ASCP), DABCC
Jennifer Snowdon, MHM, CPHQ, MLS(ASCP)CM
Manuela Salinas Monreal, MHA, MLS(ASCP)CM