You are trained and ready to focus on your mission as a pathologist: to provide accurate and timely diagnosis for your patients. But now comes one of your greatest challenges: transitioning from trainee to new-in-practice pathologist. Join this Twitter chat to discuss how to navigate the complexities of that first year on the job—from nailing bread-and-butter diagnostics to making a good first impression that will set you up for success throughout your career.
- How can I prepare before starting work?
- What should I be prepared to do on first day?
- As a new in practice pathologist, how can I best prove myself to my new colleagues?
- I’m a resident/fellow--what can I do in training to prepare myself for practice?
- How can I find supportive colleagues?
- How can I find the right setting for my interests and strongest skill sets?