In this second part of discussions on the impacts of COVID-19 on pathologists and the laboratory workforce, panelists will review impacts they experienced in the laboratory because of the pandemic:
- Laboratory professional staffing, pay, and benefits.
- Stresses faced by laboratory professionals.
- Laboratory professionals difficulties with supporting pathologists providing care during the pandemic.
Roundtable participants will have the opportunity to share lessons learned and discover successful staffing strategies that can be used in the laboratory particularly with the:
- Effects of COVID on recruiting and staffing in their labs.
- Measures being taken to mitigate the loss of income.
- Special burdens placed on laboratory staff involved in COVID testing.
Patrick Wilson, MD, FCAP, Chair, Practice Management Committee
Tricia Hughey, Tricia Hughey Consulting LLC
Ron Sconyers, Chief Operating Officer (COO)