Improve your NGS assay through review of proficiency testing/external quality assessment (PT/EQA) data.
This webinar begins with PT/EQA data as potential sources of information about challenges in performing NGS, then expands to include categorization and discussion of recurring challenges found in somatic and germline NGS PT/EQA. It concludes with remedies to help further improve performance.
- Use the NGS PT/EQA data to understand recurrent weaknesses of laboratories performing NGS assays
- Offer suggestions on how to mitigate the most common causes of unacceptable results on PT/EQA
- Share ideas to improve sensitivity and specificity of NGS assays
Dr. Valentina Nardi, MD, FCAP
- Assistant Professor of pathology at Harvard Medical School
- Assistant Pathologist at Massachusetts General Hospital for Molecular genetic pathology, Hematopathology and Gastrointestinal pathology
- Member of CAP Molecular Oncology Committee
- Author, "Next-Generation Sequencing Somatic and Germline Assay Troubleshooting Guide Derived From Proficiency Testing Data