Policy and Advocacy
- CAP Survey of Accredited Laboratories Confirms COVID-19 Testing Challenges
Laboratory directors share information on COVID-19 testing and key barriers to expanding testing.
- Answers to Your Questions About Small Business Assistance During COVID-19
Resources to help ease the burden you face during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 Advocacy FAQs
FAQs that summarize regulatory and payment issues affecting pathologists during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Testing for COVID-19 Variants
CAP Microbiology Committee addresses testing for COVID-19 variants.
- Learn more about Cycle Threshold (Ct) Values
CAP Microbiology Committee offers questions and answers on Ct values.
- Caution Must Be Used in Interpreting the Cycle Threshold (Ct) Value
Read the CAP Microbiology Committee’s letter to the editor in Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- The ABCs of Rapid Antigen Testing for Consumers
The CAP’s Microbiology Committee addresses rapid antigen testing for the public.
- At-home tests and COVID-19
CAP clarifies at-home testing.
- Antigen Proficiency Testing for SARS-CoV-2 Virus
Listen to this CAPcast about SARS-CoV-2 antigen PT.
- Quality Cross Check SARS-CoV-2 Testing
Hear this CAPcast to help you manage instrumentation for SARS-CoV-2 testing.
- Screening and Surveillance Guidance
Breaking down the differences between screening and surveillance.
- Guidance on Pooled Testing
Considerations on the pros and cons of pooled testing.
- CAP Statement on the Current Role of Serologic Testing for SARS-CoV-2
Guidance on best use of serology testing.
- CAP introduces SARS-CoV-2 proficiency testing (PT) programs
New PT programs to support laboratories quality control efforts.
- Using Proficiency Testing to Ensure Accurate SARS-CoV-2 Testing
A CAPcast addressing a new PT program for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 by nucleic acid amplification testing.
- Microbiology Committee Perspective: Caution must be used in interpreting the Cycle Threshold (Ct) value
Committee responds to article: “Impact of SARS-CoV-2 Viral Load on Risk of Intubation and Mortality Among Hospitalized Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019”.
- Remote Sign-Out of Cases With Digital Pathology FAQ
Addressing the important questions about remote sign-out of cases.
- COVID19 - Remote Sign-Out Guidance White Paper
Providing guidance related to remote sign-out of cases.
- COVID-19 Autopsy Guideline Statement
Guidance and services for COVID-19 autopsies that will ultimately guide therapy and assist those engaged in direct patient care.
- COVID-19 Fee-for-Service Autopsy List
A list of CAP members who expressed an interest in performing autopsies on a fee-for- service basis.
Transfusion, Apheresis and Cellular Therapy
- Information on Concerns for the National Blood Supply
Considerations for hospital transfusion services.
- Cytopathology Laboratory Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Guidance that applies to cytopathology techniques and specimen processing.
- COVID-19 Laboratory Reporting FAQs
The Informatics and Pathology Electronic Reporting (PERT) Committees offer answers to questions related to reporting requirements for COVID-19 results for molecular, antibody, and antigen tests.
- Resources for Your Practice During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Curated informatics resources helpful to your practice during the COVID-19 pandemic.