The CAP is no longer providing a printed copy of the result form in your kit(s) or accepting emailed, faxed, or mailed results. Your laboratory can access the online result form in e-LAB Solutions Suite (ELSS) and may download or print the result form, if needed.
This change is good for the environment, reducing paper in the laboratory while also improving efficiency. Other benefits include:
- A user-friendly data entry interface that employs logic to help flag missing or incomplete information, and “Helper Text” functionality that provides decimal precision for result entry.
- To turn on the Helper Text, you must select Show Helper Text on the result form page in ELSS.
- Pre-populated method, instrument, and unit of measure information
- The most current proficiency testing (PT) results due date information
- Quick navigation to kit instructions and online images/videos
- Access to evaluations and participant summary reports
- Access to the performance analytics dashboard, a web-based reporting solution for your laboratory’s PT and accreditation performance
- Receipt of automated email alerts and reminders
- Easy maintenance of required records for compliance
What You Need to Do Prior to the Arrival of Your 2022 Program Shipments
Please ensure that your laboratory is set up to enter results online by referring to the e-LAB Solutions Suite Quick Guide.
Laboratories enrolled in CAP PT programs have the option to submit quantitative PT results via direct transmission. This complimentary service enables laboratories to electronically transmit quantitative results from their laboratory information system (LIS) or using Data Innovations® Instrument ManagerTM.
Which Programs are Excluded from this Change?
While most programs will not include a paper result form in 2022, the following programs will continue to have a paper result form.
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP (HQIP)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Biopsy Series (HQIPBX)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Specialty Series, Gastrointestinal Biopsy Module (HQBX1)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Specialty Series, Dermatologic Biopsy Module (HQBX2)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Specialty Series, Urogenital Tract Biopsy Module (HQBX3)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Specialty Series, Gynecological Biopsy Module (HQBX4)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP – IHC Series (HQIHC)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP In Situ Hybridization (HQISH)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Melanoma IHC (HQMEL)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Mismatch Repair IHC (HQMMR)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Central Nervous System IHC (HQNEU)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Non-small Cell Lung Carcinoma IHC (HQNSC)
- CAP/NSH HistoQIP Whole Slide Image Quality Improvement Program (HQWSI)
- Fine-Needle Aspiration Glass Slide (FNAG/FNAG1)
- Nongynecologic Cytopathology Education Program (NGC/NGC1)
- Gynecologic Cytopathology PAP Education Program (PAPCE/APACE, PAPJE/APAPJE, PAPKE/APAKE, PAPLE/APALE, PAPME/APAME Series 1 or 2)
- Glass Slide Cytopathology PAP PT Program (with Glass Slide Education) (PAPCPT/APAPCPT, PAPJPT/APAPJPT, PAPKPT/APAPKPT, PAPLPT/APAPLPT, PAPMPT/APAPMPT)
- Quality Cross Check-Whole Blood Glucose (WBGQ)
These programs do not lend themselves to a paperless result form at this time; however, submitting your results online is preferred.
Improvements to PT Kit Instructions
The 2022 kit instructions will be included in your kit and have been redesigned to support this change. Some of the improvements include:
- New “For Laboratory Use Only” and “Tests in this Program” sections
- An attestation page
- A streamlined Kit Contents section, now called “Materials for this Mailing,” which states what’s in your kit and what’s online
- Clearer instructions on how to store kit materials
- Color (for online viewing)
- See the new KI design