Overview of the Performance Analytics Dashboard
- Open all
- Close all
Our Performance Analytics Dashboard gives the comprehensive data view you need to proactively focus energy on areas that need immediate attention while filtering out distractions. Updated daily, this Web-based reporting solution for your CAP proficiency testing (PT) and accreditation performance reduces the stress of managing today's single laboratory or an expansive network's performance with only a few clicks.
We organized several focus groups to understand how laboratories monitor quality assurance performance using our laboratory improvement programs. What surfaced was monitoring methods were manual, time consuming, and resource intensive. We identified four areas for development:
- Consistency in performance across all laboratories in a network or system
- Ability to manage occurrences of errors in real time
- Processing and manipulating data efficiently
- Managing documentation of errors and corrective actions
As a result, the CAP designed the Performance Analytics Dashboard as a single repository for our customer's proficiency testing and accreditation performance.
The dashboard provides you:
- Daily performance updates with visual alerts are delivered to your dashboard for quicker action that minimizes patient risk.
- Graphical trend analysis to proactively identify potential problems.
- Streamline preparation for your self-inspection or upcoming onsite inspection with an online review of your past deficiencies and corrective action plans.
- Predefined PT and accreditation reports that allow you to focus on one area of your laboratory or review the performance of a complete network with a few clicks, saving you hours of management time.
- Benchmark the performance of your laboratory against your peers and CAP wide performance. Networks can benchmark an individual lab against the overall system performance.
No, the Performance Analytics Dashboard is available to all CAP PT and laboratory accreditation participants. Once you are in the e-LAB Solutions Suite (ELSS) application, the link to launch the dashboard is in the Performance Analytics Dashboard section. Note: For laboratories that are not CAP- accredited, the accreditation portion of the dashboard will not appear; for laboratories that use an alternative PT provider, the PT portion of the dashboard will not appear.
Not a CAP PT or accreditation customer? See how the dashboard, as part of our PT and accreditation solutions, help maintain clinical quality.
Dashboard Report and Data Information Overview
- Open all
- Close all
Yes. You have the ability to export data to Excel, in addition to other file formats, so you have the freedom to work with your data as you see fit.
Inspection data is available the morning after the CAP completes data entry of an inspector's report. Responses to deficiencies will be available the morning after the CAP enters a laboratory's response(s).
The dashboard includes all graded analytes.
Yes, result forms, evaluations and participant summary reports are accessible from the dashboard. Within the Analyte Scorecard report, click on the kit # to access the result form or evaluation. To access the participant summary report, click on the mailing.
Instead of waiting for consultant copies, staff in centralized compliance roles can easily access key results and reports from the Performance Analytics Dashboard. It’s all in one, convenient location.
We know this alert functionality is important and will be considered for future enhancements.
Yes, you may change your demographic group classification. Complete and submit the Laboratory Demographic Groups form located within the dashboard's help. With the new dashboard, you can easily see how your performance compares to your peers.
Accredited laboratories may update their laboratory classification found under the Basic Details in the Organization Profile.