Our peer-reviewed journal articles, published in Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, are based on Quality Management Tools studies and monitors. Download the filterable table with links to benchmarked articles.
Quality Management Tools Studies
These studies are short-term, external peer-comparison studies that provide a one-time comprehensive assessment of key processes to aid in quality improvement efforts in your laboratory. Use these studies to help build and improve data collection and analysis processes that contribute to quality of care, patient safety, and outcomes.
- Address process, outcome, and structure-oriented quality assurance issues
- Establish benchmarks through external database comparisons
- Compare your performance to establish laboratory goals and improve performance
Continuous Quality Monitors
These monitors are long-term studies that allow for continuous quality monitoring of laboratory processes for performance improvement. These monitors reach beyond the testing phase to evaluate the quality of processes both within and beyond the laboratory that can impact test results and patient outcomes.
- Provide quarterly reports to help you identify improvement opportunities and monitor the effectiveness of changes implemented over time.
- Allow you to measure your laboratory's performance against participating laboratories to help you set performance goals.