Working to Improve Your Web Experience
The CAP online experience plays a key role in how you interact and engage with us. The online experience is a composite of various systems that integrate at the website level. To understand and improve the experience we must also understand the impact of each underlying, contributing system. We gather data from multiple sources to understand the online experience and then prioritize activities accordingly.
Tangible Improvements Made For You
After several years of installing the foundational components we've implemented several updates to many of our web applications:
- 2015: We expanded the "My Profile" application and e-commerce capabilities and replaced the Learning Management application. We implemented a major web component, the e-LAB Solutions Suite (ELSS) portal.
- 2016: We continued with improvements such as a new Surveys results entry form with simplified steps for claiming CME, the Performance Analytics Dashboard for a comprehensive view of proficiency testing and accreditation performance, and automated CMS analyte reporting.
- 2017: We transitioned all PT Result Forms from PDF to HTML.
- 2018: We introduced a new online application where your laboratory, accredited or not, can maintain its profile of organizational addresses, key personnel with CAP roles and their contact points. This application replaced an older version used for the accreditation process. We upgraded several important database systems to improve performance and availability. We also optimized design and performance of the informational website (see below: October 2018) and redesigned the ELSS landing page (see below: November 2018). Further we bolstered search capabilities, making it easier to find what you need.
A refreshed cap.org We launched a new look for cap.org’s informational website. The new informational website, among many benefits, provides you with an optimal viewing and interaction experience across a wide range of devices including desktops, tablets, and mobile phones. Some of the most noticeable changes:
A new feature and welcome section on the home page with easy access to some of the most popular website items
An updated top navigation bar for all pages
A new footer for all pages
Why did we do this?
- Availability. Our new informational site is available when we have outages for improvements and maintenance to other parts of the site such as e-LAB Solutions Suite (ELSS), Surveys results forms, the online store, and learning courses.
- Speed. The new site loads noticeably and consistently faster.
- Responsiveness. The new site adjusts and arranges to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience across a wide range of devices including desktops, tablets, and mobile phones.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Our new site enables us to implement SEO best practices to improve the discoverability of content. You will see improvements when using search engines or while using our internal site search.
- Refreshed Look and Feel. The new site is more closely aligned with our CAP brand. More whitespace, larger text, and the opportunity to include more graphics renders a new look and feel.
A new look for e-LAB Solutions Suite (ELSS)
In early November, we refreshed the ELSS landing page. Similar to the October 2018 refresh of cap.org’s informational website (see more information below), we made these changes based on feedback from ELSS users, busy laboratory professionals like you.
We have refreshed the page to make it easier for you to take care of all your laboratory’s proficiency testing and accreditation needs, including easy access to your organizational profile which we also revamped in 2018 and the ability to search content and functions available in the ELSS interface.
Here’s a snapshot of the new ELSS landing page:
Action We Are Taking
Since mid-August 2015, we have significantly expanded direct focus on web stability and have implemented several changes that have resulted in improved performance. Additional work continued throughout 2016–2018 and will continue in 2019.
Our Contact Center team is available to make sure your needs are met. If you encounter an issue with your online PT submission , you may fax your results to 1-866-FAX-2CAP (866-329-2227). If you are having difficulty with the CAP website or other applications, or at any time need assistance, please contact us at 800-323-4040, Option 1 or +001-847-832-7000, Option 1 for International or by email at email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for being a loyal CAP supporter.