2018 Pathologist Employer Survey
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The College of American Pathologists Survey Sweepstakes (2018 Pathologist Employer Survey) (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by The College of American Pathologists (the “Sponsor”) begins on November 7, 2018 at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on November 21, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who: (a) were invited by Sponsor to participate in this Sweepstakes; (b) are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska); (c) are currently Board certified pathologists in practice five (5) years or more; and (d) were responsible for hiring and/or supervising at least one (1) new-in-practice pathologist (defined as a pathologist in his or her first job after residency/fellowship training) sometime within the last (5) five years (2014 – 2018).
Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, advertising, promotion or any other agencies or entities involved with this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (including spouse, biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, or spouse of any of the foregoing, regardless of where the reside), or households of any of the above, whether related or not, are NOT eligible to participate.
IN ADDITION TO THE PARTIES LISTED ABOVE, THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER:
Employees, officers, representatives, board members agents, consultants or independent contractors of the U.S. federal government or any U.S. state/local government.
By entering, you warrant and represent that: (a) neither your participation in this Sweepstakes nor your acceptance of a prize, if awarded to you, violates any rules, policies or guidelines of the company by which you are employed, nor any applicable federal, state or local law; (b) you are authorized to enter the Sweepstakes and accept a prize if awarded to you; and (c) your participation in the Sweepstakes is in your company’s best interests.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, you agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Void outside the 50 United States/D.C. and where prohibited.
3. How to Enter: If you received, from Sponsor, an invitation in your name to participate in this Sweepstakes by completing a survey, follow all prompts and instructions in the invitation to access the survey. After you complete the survey, follow all subsequent instructions and prompts to submit it. The survey will take approximately fifteen (15) to twenty (20) minutes to complete. Your properly submitted survey, when received by Sponsor, shall be referred to in these Official Rules as your “entry”. Limit one (1) entry per person for the entire Sweepstakes Period. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on November 21, 2018. Entries that are not compliant with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
Standard message and data rates and charges may apply, in accordance with your mobile service plan, if you choose to use a mobile device to enter the Sweepstakes. A mobile device is not required to enter. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries submitted through use of: (a) an automated device; (b) third-party entry service: (c) any other device or artifice; or (d) multiple names, addresses or identities, for the purpose of gaining more than one (1) entry, will be disqualified. The person responsible for such submission may also be disqualified, at the discretion of the Sponsor.
If there is a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person whose name appears on the entry, provided such person is eligible to a participate in accordance with these Official Rules. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, except as provided herein.
4. Winner Selection/Odds: On or about November 27, 2018, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to select the winners of the prizes described in Rule 5, below. The odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. Prizes: A total of three (3) prizes will be awarded, each consisting of a $150 value Amazon Gift Card. Use of gift card is subject to all terms, conditions, and policies of the issuer.
Total value of all prizes: $450.
The prizes consist only of the items described above. Any other expenses related to the use of a prize are the responsibility of the winner. No more than three (3) prizes will be awarded. If, due to a human, technical or other error, more than three (3) entrants are notified that they are potential winners, the three (3) intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all entrants who received valid notifications.
Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, redeemed for cash or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Prizes may not be sold, traded, transferred or assigned. All federal, state, and local income taxes on the prizes are the responsibility solely of the winners. All prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, filmed or recorded likeness, voice, and limited biographical information for promotional purposes in commerce and in any media, worldwide, (including but not limited to internet and
social media) without limitation and without further notice, consent or compensation.
6. Notification of Winners/ Prize Conditions: The potential winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail within approximately five (5) business days following the drawing. As a condition of being awarded a prize, each potential winner may be required, at Sponsor’s discretion, to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where permitted by law, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of initial written notification. Failure to comply will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries received. If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is unable to accept his/her prize for any reason, or if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems a potential winner ineligible to receive his/her prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail address and/or telephone number of a potential winner subsequent to the date of entry, or for a winner’s failure to receive prize notification due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for inability of a winner to accept his/her prize in accordance with these Official Rules.
7. Limitations of Liability/Tampering: Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by Sponsor for any reason; (b) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for deletion, theft or destruction of, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (c) failed or unavailable hardware, network or software; (d) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (e) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (f) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising relating to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize winners; or (g) cheating or fraud by any participant.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, human or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause(s) beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice. If the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the end date of the Sweepstakes Period, the prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time/date of termination.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By entering, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her).
By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: By participating, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE APPLICABLE PROVISION ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or statements made by Sponsor’s representatives, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
9. Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. Winners List: To obtain the names of the winners, mail a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Attention: Kristen Johnson, The College of American Pathologists, 325 Waukegan Road, Northfield, Illinois 60093, USA. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2018 and will be fulfilled after all winners have been confirmed.
12. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by the College of American Pathologists, 325 Waukegan Road, Northfield, Illinois 60093, USA.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon.com, Inc. does not sponsor or endorse this Sweepstakes, and is not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
© 2018 College of American Pathologists. All rights reserved.