The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) designates small practices as those that have 15 or fewer clinicians; and therefore, have special allowances under the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) in order to reduce burden on small practices. This includes varying submission methods and special scoring considerations as illustrated here.
For all practices, regardless of size, Quality is 85% of the overall MIPS score and individuals or groups must meet the Quality category reporting requirements:
- Report a minimum of 6 measures
- One must be an outcome or high priority measure
- 12-month reporting period
- 60% data completeness (60% of all patients, regardless of payer, that meet the measure denominator) *
- 20 case minimum per measure
* The only exception is for measures submitted via Medicare Part B claims, in which case, pathologists must submit data on 60% of all Medicare Part B patients that meet the measure denominator during the performance period.
|Large Practices |
|Data Completeness (Quality Category)||Failure to meet:
||Failure to meet:|
|Bonus Points for Small Practices||5 bonus points automatically added to final MIPS score||None|
We have a dedicated team to help you navigate to MIPS reporting success.
Phone: 800-323-4040, option 3