Join this #capchat Twitter chat to discuss with your fellow pathologists about how to inform medical students about the opportunities and benefits of choosing pathology as a specialty.
- What are some of the advantages in using social media to educate medical students about pathology?
- What are some of the disadvantages of using social media to educate medical students about pathology?
- What’s the best way to explain the diversity of the specialty (all the different areas one can specialize in, as well as AP vs CP options)?
- How/where/when to engage with medical students?
- What’s your elevator pitch for pathology?
- What are some quick responses to common misconceptions about the specialty?
- What do you say is the reason you went into pathology?
- How do you respond to questions about future direction of the specialty?
Note: This Twitter chat will be following a Q&A format. The host, tweeting from @Pathologists, will ask questions or post discussion topics (beginning with Q1, Q2, etc.); the leaders will post answers starting with “A” and the corresponding question number (A1, A2, etc.). Ask your question or comment on one of the discussion questions/answers by referencing the specific discussion question beginning your tweet with “QX”, with X referring to the question number.