Preview What’s New for 2021
The changing landscape in health care continues to bring new challenges. Your laboratory’s commitment to excellence and to staying abreast of new technologies, rapidly changing testing requirements, and emerging diseases has been nothing short of inspiring. The CAP supports your continued mission to deliver accurate and reliable test results to the patients you serve with a comprehensive range of proficiency testing (PT) programs.
- Ensure your laboratory’s accuracy for COVID-19 testing with PT programs for molecular testing (COV2) and serological testing (COVS).
- Keep pace with cardiac marker testing with high-sensitivity programs for Troponin I (HCRT and HCRTI) and Troponin T (HTNT).
- Verify accuracy in blood culture molecular testing with new programs for bacteria (BCM) and yeast (YBC).
- Offer your staff up to 100 CE credits with CAP PT.
- Purchase your PT and manage your account online—you can review, modify, and submit your prepopulated quote.
View all our new programs and decide which ones are right for you.
New PT Programs for 2020/2021
- Open all
- Close all
- IHC testing for prognostic marker Ki-67 (KI67)
- HER2 gene amplification by FISH, interpretation only (CYHI)
- Evaluate your laboratory’s tissue and stain preparation with these new HistoQIP programs for:
- IHC staining of gliomas (HQNEU)
- In-situ hybridization staining (HQISH)
- IHC staining of melanoma biopsies and resections (HQMEL)
- Assess analytic and interpretive steps of IHC testing for the biomarkers:
- C-Myc and Bcl-2 (MYCB)
- Dermatopathology markers (DPIHC)
- Amino acid quantitation for inherited metabolic disorders (BGL2)
- Combined high-sensitivity Troponin I, CK-MB, and Myoglobin (HCRT)
- Combined high-sensitivity Troponin I, CK-MB, CK and LD isoenzymes, and Myoglobin (HCRTI)
- High-sensitivity Troponin T testing (HTNT)
- Complete blood count and differential as well as nucleated red blood cell (nRBC) parameter (FH16 and FH16P)
- Combined programs for HLA crossmatching, antibody screening, and antibody identification (Class I/Class II) for:
- Four 0.25-mL plasma specimens and two purified blood lymphocyte specimens (MXB)
- Four 0.50-mL plasma specimens and two purified blood lymphocyte specimens (MXC)
- Four 0.25-mL plasma specimens (MXE)
- SARS-CoV-2 antibody testing for total, IgG, IgM, and IgA (COVS)
- Post-immunotherapy analysis by flow cytometry, interpretation only (FL6)
- Quantitate T-cell lymphocyte analysis (FL7)
- Minimum residual testing for mature B-cell leukemia/lymphoma (FL8)
- Minimum residual disease testing for plasma cell myeloma (FL9)
- Rare flow antigen validation for CD30 (RFAV3)
- Molecular testing for SARS-CoV-2 virus presence (COV2)
- Combined program for gram-positive and negative bacterial identification (BCM)
- Five-challenge encephalitis/meningitis panel (IDM5)
- Molecular testing for Mycobacterium tuberculosis and rifampin resistance (MTR5)
- Molecular testing for yeast positive identification from blood culture (YBC)
- Basic microbiology testing in one combined program (RMC)
- Molecular testing for Herpes simplex virus and Varicella-zoster virus, 5 challenges (ID5)
- Molecular testing with a lower respiratory pneumonia panel, 5 challenges (IDPN)
- Molecular testing for Mycoplasma genitalium (MGEN)
- Automated antibody titer testing from plasma for:
- Anti-A and Anti-D titers (AABT)
- Anti-A titer (AABT1)
- Anti-D titer (AABT2)
- Anti-B titer (AABT3)
New Quality Improvement Programs for 2020/2021
- Open all
- Close all
Aid quality improvement efforts in your laboratory with these new Quality Management Tools studies:
- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing monitoring and trend analysis (QP211)
- Technical competency assessment of Gram stains (QP212)
- Physician satisfaction survey with the clinical laboratory (QP213)
New Competency Assessment Program courses for 2021
You may know that your team follows all CLIA regulations to the letter. But at your inspection, if it’s not documented, it’s considered a deficiency. We can help you align your CLIA competency assessment plan with the quality assurance processes you already perform regularly. Learn more about the Competency Assessment Program..