Preview What’s New for 2023
As laboratory medicine changes, the CAP supports your continued mission to deliver accurate and reliable test results to the patients you serve with a comprehensive range of proficiency testing/external quality assessment (PT/EQA) programs.
- Compare multiple instruments testing for a wide range of respiratory viruses (ID3Q).
- Elevate your laboratory’s preanalytical processing steps for tissue and slide preparation of cell blocks (HQCLB) and targeted therapy (HQTAR), thus ensuring quality staining.
- Assess your staff’s technical competency for body fluid review (QPB10).
- Ensure optimal performance of cardiac evaluation assays with calibration verification and linearity for high-sensitivity Troponin I (LN48).
View all our new programs and decide which ones are right for you.
New PT Programs for 2022/2023
- Open all
- Close all
- Preparation of histologic slides in all anatomic pathology laboratories (HQTAR and HQCLB)
- Immunohistochemistry testing for prognostic marker p53 (P53)
- Challenges that mimic patient-related factor deficiencies (ECF)
- Viscoelastic testing for Quantra and ROTEM Sigma analyzers using whole blood (VES1)
- Prognostic marker using FISH to identify the ALK rearrangement in lung (CYALK)
- Next-generation sequencing bioinformatics platform-agnostic in silico PT and validated materials (NGSB4 and NGSB5)
- Next-generation sequencing for hematologic malignancies bioinformatics (NGSB3)
- Next-generation sequencing to analyze copy number alterations in solid tumors (CNVST)
- Next-generation sequencing to determine tumor mutational burden (TMB)
- Exome trio testing for next-generation sequencing of undiagnosed disorders (NGSET)
- Complete blood count and differential as well as nucleated red blood cell (nRBC) parameter (FH17 and FH17P)
- Carbapenemase detection methods to ensure testing quality and staff competency (CRE)
- Molecular testing for joint infections utilizing the joint infection panel (JIP)
- Automated direct antiglobulin testing (ADAT)
New Quality Improvement Programs for 2022/2023
- Open all
- Close all
- Calibration verification and linearity for high-sensitivity Troponin I (LN48)
- Calibration verification and linearity for high-sensitivity Troponin T (LN47)
Monitor performance and assess comparability across multiple instruments in your laboratory with Quality Cross Check.
- Quality Cross Check for respiratory viruses (ID3Q)
- Quality Cross Check for hematology (FH13Q)
Quality training and tools developed with pathologist input and uniquely tailored for the medical laboratory.
- Risk management QMEd course (QMEDRISK)
Aid quality improvement efforts and assist with checklist requirements in your laboratory.
- Non-physician care team satisfaction with clinical laboratory services (QP231)
- Technical competency assessment of body fluid review (QPB10) and peripheral blood smears (QPC10/QPC25)
New Continuing Medical Education Program
Stay abreast of developments in laboratory medicine with activities developed by more than 600 experts in pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Informatics Essentials for Pathologists: for individual (ICBE) and additional participant(s) (ICBE1)
New CAP Publications for 2023
Stay current in diagnostic learning with our newest high-quality publications written and edited by recognized experts in pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Color Atlas of Flow Cytometry (PUB230)
- Color Atlas of Hematology: An Illustrated Field Guide Based on Proficiency Testing, Volume 2: Bone Marrow, Second Edition (PUB229)