The Sample Exchange Registry is an Internet-based service designed to connect laboratories performing testing where no formal proficiency testing (PT) is available. Laboratories can participate in the registry service at any time.
When at least three laboratories are identified as testing for the same analyte, the CAP will facilitate the sample exchange. The laboratories will test the samples and send their results to the CAP. The data will be made anonymous, and each individual laboratory will receive its own results along with an anonymous summary report of all the participants.
Complete the contact information form for alternative assessment.
The CAP announces a new service for the Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Validation Program. Laboratories performing IHC testing must validate their assay prior to clinical use. Laboratories are challenged with sourcing materials to use for validation, and now the CAP has developed a program to help laboratories exchange materials for use in their validation process.
Five simple steps:
- Identify the markers your laboratory needs validating (e.g., ALK1, TLE-1, C4d, etc…).
- Visit cap.org and search "sample exchange registry" to review and submit an IHC Contact Information Form.
- The CAP will facilitate the exchange of slides from participating laboratories—15 unstained slides from at least one positive and one negative case for each marker.
- The CAP will collect and distribute the slides to participating laboratories for testing.
- Results from ammonized laboratories will be shared to generate valuable concordance statistics to assist in your laboratory's validation.
Complete the contact information form for IHC.
If your laboratory can provide materials for the exchanges in which you wish to participate, please contact the CAP at the address listed for shipping details.
Use the material submission form (PDF, 120 KB) to provide sample information. Upon receipt of the material, the CAP will distribute the samples to participating laboratories testing for the same analyte.
Please direct questions or comments to: