|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||3|
|Length of meetings||1 day|
|Typical meeting days||Friday|
|Meeting locations||One meeting per year takes place in Chicago; 2 in other locations.|
|Number of conference calls||24; 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month (1.5 – 2 hours)|
|Hours per year||Occasional expedited review conference call. Preparation for conference calls includes reading of 1-2 inch agenda books of laboratory specific information.|
|Additional travel or time commitments||Chair is a member of the Council on Accreditation.|
Activities of Committee
- Determines accreditation decisions for LAP laboratories. This includes the application and removal of sanctions.
Expertise or Experience
- Good working knowledge of the laboratory accreditation requirements.
- Knowledge of other regulatory requirements such as CLIA regulations is a positive.
- Previous experience as a Regional Commissioner is desirable.
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Gain insight as to how sustained regulatory compliance can be ensured.
- Occasional speaking engagements about the accreditation program.