To develop Surveys for the assessment of accuracy, precision, linearity of procedures, instruments, and measuring devices; to address standardization and harmonization across laboratories; to provide a means for laboratories to evaluate their methodology; to educate membership and provide authoritative resources for the CAP.
Download the presentation: The Calibration Verification/Linearity Program: Meeting Regulatory Requirements and Improving Laboratory Quality (PDF, 1.4 MB).
|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||3|
|Length of meetings||2 days|
|Typical meeting days||Saturday and Sunday|
|Meeting locations||The meetings are less than one hour drive from an airport. The September meeting meets in conjunction with the CAP annual meeting.|
|Number of conference calls||4|
|Hours/year of committee work required outside of meetings||Members 45+, Vice Chair 60+, Chair 75+|
|Additional travel or time commitments||
Activities of Committee
- Review Calibration Verification/Linearity, Carryover, and Interfering Substance Survey data for trends and shifts in assay recoveries.
- Provide feedback on appropriate total error and minimum detectable differences for analytes.
- Provide troubleshooting advice to vendors for material issues that push extremes of clinically relevant specimen specifications.
- Participate in publications, educational discussions, and guidelines that cover topics related to preanalytic and postanalytical laboratory testing and quality laboratory practices.
- Present calibration verification/linearity workshops on behalf of the CAP.
Expertise or Experience
- Interest in promoting pathology and quality laboratory practices
- Interest in statistical analysis of clinical assays
- Knowledge of various methodologies and instrumentation
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Opportunity to provide quality laboratory practice related workshops on behalf of the CAP
- Opportunity to write discussions for continuing medical education/continuing education (CME/CE) on quality laboratory practices
Representation on Committee Beyond the CAP
- One Liaison from American Association for Clinical Chemistry