To address the standardization requirements of current and evolving laboratory technologies for the benefit of patients; to serve as the focus for the CAP review and input on the activities of national and international standard setting organizations through recommendation of appropriate delegate and liaison members to other professional organizations; and to coordinate with other committees of the CAP to oversee the review of pathology and laboratory medicine components of standards set forth by medical specialty societies.
Shorts on Standards
Access the committee liaisons summary reports, Shorts on Standards.
|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||2|
|Length of meetings||1 day|
|Additional travel or time commitments||Attendance at the Council on Scientific Affairs Leadership meetings for committee chair|
Activities of Committee
- Oversees development of paper standards from Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Nominates members to CLSI and ISO document development committees.
- Oversees outbound liaisons of committees reporting to the Council on Scientific Affairs.
- Review Outbound Liaison reports
- Provides input into the development of accuracy based material offered as proficiency and educational products.
Expertise or Experience
- Interest in establishing national and global standards
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Opportunity to influence the guidelines and standards to which clinical laboratories must comply
Representation on Committee Beyond the CAP
- Possibility to be an inbound liaison to the CAP Accuracy Based Work Group or represent the Standards Committee to CLSI and ISO.