Designed for the unique needs of forensic drug testing laboratories and intended for laboratories that perform screening and confirmatory testing on urine, oral fluid, hair, nail, meconium, umbilical cord, and whole blood by non-waived methods.
Forensic Drug Testing Accreditation will give you and your staff confidence in the accuracy of your results:
- Sample integrity and security through robust chain of custody
- Annual validation of all methods
- Tighter controls on test systems
- Secondary review of all confirmatory test results
- Recognized experts in the field available to clarify compliance and recommend best practices
- On-site inspections occur every two years using CAP Accreditation Checklists to assess compliance with program requirements.
- Participating laboratories can access the checklists through e-LAB Solutions Suite and non-accredited laboratories may purchase the checklist.
- Peer-based inspection model uses teams of practicing professionals qualified through a CAP inspector training program.
- Intended for laboratories that perform screening and confirmatory testing on urine, oral fluid, hair, nail, meconium, umbilical cord, and whole blood by non-waived methods.
- This program is not intended for medical testing or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments compliance.
- The program also accepts laboratories that only screen the specimen types listed above by non-waived methods
- Confirmation testing must be performed by a CAP Forensic Drug Testing accredited or Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) certified laboratory.
- For international laboratories seeking CAP accreditation, enrollment is required for a minimum of six months in our EQA/PT prior to requesting an accreditation application.
The Accreditation Cycle
The graphic below captures the accreditation and inspection cycle for CAP-accredited forensic laboratories. Inspections for the Forensic Drug Testing Accreditation program are announced.
Find a CAP-Accredited Laboratory
Use our database to search our forensic drug testing accreditation programs.