Start transmitting your quantitative PT results to the CAP using direct transmission. Follow these steps and review our user guides. Each user guide targets questions ranging from installing the agent and extract reports—to use of the standard ordering convention, test code mapping, testing your PT transmissions, and ensuring on-time transmission. A CAP representative will provide installation support and training throughout the process to ensure a smooth implementation.
1. Verify Minimum Resource Requirements
- Server for installation of agent.
- One of the following laboratory information systems (LIS): SCC Soft®, MEDITECH, Sunquest®.
- Use of a standard ordering convention that requires the entry of information related to CAP PT into prescribed fields of your LIS.
- Complete and submit the enrollment form. Upon processing, we will contact you to schedule web conferences to install the agent software and train your laboratory staff on test code mapping.
- Install the agent and create network folders while on a web conference with a CAP representative. (See Technical Requirements and Agent Installation)
- Install the extract and test compendium reports in your LIS. (See SCC Soft Reports Installation, Sunquest Reports Installation, Meditech Expanse Reports Installation, Meditech Client Server Reports Installation, or Meditech Magic Reports Installation)
- Create new patients and providers in your LIS. (See Laboratory Setup Guide)
- Perform test code mapping in the hub after your training session with a CAP representative. (See Laboratory Setup Guide)
- Simulate a transmission to confirm your laboratory’s test codes have been mapped correctly by running the extract report in test mode. (See Laboratory Setup Guide)
5. Transmit Results
- Enter an order for PT in your LIS using the standard ordering convention.
- Place PT specimens on instrument for processing.
- Run the report in your LIS to extract PT results. PT results will be transmitted to the CAP.
- Review, approve, and submit PT results on cap.org. (See the Reviewing, Approving, and Tracking Test Results in e-LAB Solutions Suite how-to video)
If you are not sure if the CAP has a solution for your laboratory to report PT results by direct transmission or have questions, we can help.
Phone: 800-323-4040, option 1