- Laboratory Improvement
- Proficiency Testing
- Direct Transmission of PT Results
- How Direct Transmission Using Data Innovations Instrument Manager Works
- Get Started With Direct Transmission Using Data Innovations
Start transmitting your quantitative PT results to the CAP using Data Innovations® Instrument ManagerTM. Follow these steps, review our user guide, and view our how-to videos to guide you through the process.
1. Verify Minimum Resource Requirements
- Instrument Manager version 8.15 or higher from Data Innovations, LLC with specimen management.
- CAP driver from Data Innovations or your business partner.
- Firewall access for inbound and outbound connections.
- Complete and submit the enrollment form. Upon processing, we will send your username, password, and instructions.
- Configure the CAP driver using the username, password, and direct transmission user guide. (See Getting Connected to the CAP how-to video)
- Map your PT using the Get CAP Codes automated functionality. (See Mapping Your Proficiency Testing Menu to the CAP Codes how-to video)
- Install CAP-provided rules. (See Creating Instrument Manager Rules for Direct Transmission how-to video)
- Verify connectivity and accuracy of mapping by simulating a transmission. (See Test Submission Service how-to video)
5. Transmit Results
- Enter an order for PT in your laboratory information system (LIS) connected to Instrument Manager.
- Process PT specimens on your instrument. PT results are directly transmitted to the CAP via Instrument Manager. (See Reviewing, Approving, and Tracking Test Results in e-LAB Solutions Suite how-to video)
Direct Transmission How-to Videos
For help implementing direct transmission using Instrument Manager, see our how-to videos. Each video targets concerns ranging from deciphering rules and ensuring you are transmitting only PT (not patient) results—to connectivity configurations, mapping and testing your PT transmissions, and ensuring on-time transmissions.
If you are not sure if the CAP has a solution for your laboratory to report PT results by direct transmission or have questions, we can help.
Phone: 800-323-4040, option 1