To advance the adoption of digital pathology within the CAP and to serve as a respected resource for information and education for pathologists, patients and the public on the practice and science of digital pathology.
|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||2|
|Length of meetings||1 day|
|Typical meeting days||Saturday|
|Meeting locations||Less than 50 miles from an airport|
|Number of conference calls||None regularly planned but are scheduled as needed.|
|Hours/year of committee work required outside of meetings||Members 20-30, Vice Chair 30-40, Chair 75+|
|Additional travel or time commitments||Attendance at CSA Leadership meeting for chair.|
Activities of Committee
- Provide scientific expertise to the CAP regarding the use of digital tools for the practice of pathology.
- Monitor new and emerging issues/practices/technologies in digital pathology that may affect CAP members.
- Provide input to the CAP regarding legislative and economic issues related to the practice of pathology with digital tools.
- Develop and support the CAP publication Digital Pathology Resource Guide.
- Review and recommend changes to the CAP Laboratory Improvement Program Checklists.
- Participate in educational programs at annual CAP meetings
Expertise or Experience
- Candidates should possess an interest in promoting the use of digital tools in practice of pathology and pathology education.
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Opportunity to meet and work with pathologists from a variety of practice settings
- Opportunity to publish materials
- Opportunity to speak at education events
- Opportunity to participate in developing recommendations for the practice of pathology