To advance the adoption of digital pathology within the CAP and to serve as a respected resource for information and education for pathologists, patients and the public on the practice and science of digital pathology.
This committee reports to the Council on Informatics and Pathology Innovation. View a list of the Current Committee Members and find additional resources and information in the Digital Pathology Topic Center or In Vivo Microscopy Topic Center.
|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||
|Length of meetings||1 day|
|Typical meeting days||Saturday|
|Meeting locations||Less than 50 miles from an airport|
|Number of conference calls||None regularly planned but are scheduled as needed.|
|Hours/year of committee work required outside of meetings||Members 20-30, Vice Chair 30-40, Chair 75+|
|Additional travel or time commitments||Chair attends the Council on Informatics and Pathology Innovation meetings.|
Activities of Committee
- Provide scientific expertise to the CAP regarding the use of digital tools for the practice of pathology.
- Monitor new and emerging issues/practices/technologies in digital pathology that may affect CAP members.
- Provide input to the CAP regarding legislative and economic issues related to the practice of pathology with digital tools.
- Develop and support the CAP publication Digital Pathology Resource Guide and In Vivo Microscopy Resource Guide.
- Review and recommend changes to the CAP Laboratory Improvement Program Checklists.
- Participate in educational programs at annual CAP meetings
- Promote the adoption of IVM technologies by pathologists.
- Facilitate pathologists' understanding of the potential role and opportunities for pathologists in IVM and ex vivo applications of IVM by promoting awareness and creating educational resources.
- Develop educational opportunities on IVM and EVM.
- Provide input on IVM, upon request, to CAP Advocacy and Council on Government and Professional Affairs.
Expertise or Experience
- Candidates should possess an interest in promoting the use of digital tools in practice of pathology and pathology education.
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Opportunity to meet and work with pathologists from a variety of practice settings
- Opportunity to publish materials
- Opportunity to speak at education events
- Opportunity to participate in developing recommendations for the practice of pathology