To give pathology residents a voice in organized pathology, to promote involvement of young leaders in CAP activities, and to establish a network for pathology residents.
Join the Residents Forum
The CAP RF has open Delegate positions in numerous states. Please view your state's current representatives (PDF). Review list to determine if you need to appoint new delegate(s). Learn about the RF Delegate Guide/Responsibilities (PDF) and the RF Appointments (PDF)
To fill a CAP RF Delegate opening or make changes to the delegation, please contact Crystal Wells.
CAP RF Executive Committee
Residents Forum Executive Committee (RFEC) elections will be held at the Fall 2020 RF virtual meeting on Saturday, October 10, 2020.
- August 10 - Nominations are posted on cap.org.
- September 10 - According to RF bylaws, Junior Members who have not been slated by the Nominating Committee and who wish to run for an office may do so by submitting a statement of interest, their CV, as well as a Nominating Petition Form (DOC) signed by at least 15 CAP Junior Members in good standing. This information must be received by Natalie Castro on or before by August 28, 2020.
- October 10 - RFEC Elections at virtual RF meeting.
CAP Junior members are eligible to serve on available CAP Committees for 2021. Take this great opportunity to network with leading pathologists from around the country and learn more about a specific topic area of our profession—it's a great chance to learn more about CAP operations as well.
General Election Nominations
The Residents Forum Nominating Committee presents the following candidates for election on October 10, 2020, during the Residents Forum meeting at CAP20. The Candidates Statement of Interest and Curriculum Vitae can be accessed by clicking on each of the candidate’s names.
Sarah B. Glogowski, DO – Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Abdul M. Abid, MD, MBBS – University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston,TX
Simona De Michele, MD – Columbia University Irving Medical Center, New York, NY
Jasmine Saleh, MD, MPH – Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
Saber Tadros, MD – National Institutes of Health/National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
Tayler A. van den Akker, MD – Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
Alternate Delegate to the CAP House of Delegates
Simon Lamothe, MD – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
Volha Lenskaya, MD – Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
Janira M. Navarro-Sanchez, MD – University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI
Alternate Delegate to the AMA Resident and Fellow Section
Kevin C. Kuan, MD – Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Matthew X. Luo, MD – University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Dana Martin, MD – Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA
Guofeng Gao, MD, PhD – John Hopkins University Department of Pathology, Baltimore, MD
Lianna Goetz, MD – Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
Julianne Szczepanski, MD – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Digital Strategy Liaison
Brian K. Cox, MD, MS – Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Mitul B. Modi, MD – Pennsylvania Hospital of University of Pennsylvania Heath System, Allentown, PA
Resident Forum Executive Committee Positions and Descriptions
Open RFEC positions include:
- Chair: Presides at RF meetings; acts as liaison to Council on Membership and Professional Development; serves as a voting member of the CAP Board of Governors. Travel commitment: 35 days.
- Vice Chair: Acts in Chair's stead if needed. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Secretary: Prepares PowerPoint presentation for and minutes of RF meetings; chairs RF Credentials Committee. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Resident and Fellow Section: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position represents the CAP-RF at two AMA meetings annually, and updates the RF on AMA-RFS activities. Travel commitment: 42 days in two years.
- Alternate Delegate to the CAP House of Delegates: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position presents all RF-adopted resolutions to the House for action, attends House reference committee hearings and general sessions of the House, and may be asked to serve as a member of a House reference committee. Travel commitment: 22 days in two years.
- Digital Strategy Liaison: In partnership with the CAP Digital Strategy team, supports the RF’s use of digital and social media as a means of interfacing with residents. The DSL will assist in the improvement and management of resident digital engagement and will carry out other such duties as are assigned by the Chair and the RFEC. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Member-at-Large: Assists in recruitment of Junior Members, communicating the activities of the Residents Forum to the Delegates, facilitates communication between the CAP and its Junior Members. Travel commitment: 11 days.
Note: Alternate Delegate terms are for two years and all other positions are one-year terms. All time commitments listed are approximate and include (but are not limited to) weekend days.
View the current Executive Committee leaders and contact them with any questions about serving on the RFEC.