Our Residents Forum (RF) gives pathology residents a voice in organized pathology, promotes involvement of young leaders in CAP activities, and establishes a network for pathology residents.
Join the Residents Forum
The CAP RF has open Delegate positions in numerous states. Please view your state's current representatives (PDF). Review list to determine if you need to appoint new delegate(s). Learn about the RF Delegate Guide/Responsibilities (PDF) and the RF appointments (PDF)
To fill a CAP RF Delegate opening or make changes to the delegation, please contact Natalie Castro.
Upcoming Meeting Dates
- 2021 Fall Residents Forum Meeting, September 25, 2021
Residents Forum Executive Committee
This is your chance to influence and advance pathology. As a member of the Residents Forum Executive Committee (RFEC), not only are you helping to shape the future for pathology residents, but you’re also building your own leadership skills and making meaningful connections with colleagues. Apply for a RFEC position by June 28, 2021.
Residents Forum Executive Committee Open Positions
- Chair: Presides at RF meetings; acts as liaison to Council on Membership and Professional Development; serves as a voting member of the CAP Board of Governors. Travel commitment: 35 days.
- Vice Chair: Acts in Chair's stead if needed. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Secretary: Prepares PowerPoint presentation for and minutes of RF meetings; chairs RF Credentials Committee. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Alternate Delegate to CAP House of Delegates: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position presents all RF-adopted resolutions to the House for action, attends House reference committee hearings and general sessions of the House and may be asked to serve as a member of a House reference committee. Travel commitment: 22 days in two years.
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Residents and Fellow Section: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position represents the CAP-RF at two AMA meetings annually and updates the RF on AMA-RFS activities. Travel commitment: 42 days in two years.
- Member-at-Large: Assists in recruitment of Junior Members, communicating the activities of the Residents Forum to the Delegates, facilitates communication between the CAP and its Junior Members. Travel commitment: 11 days.
Alternate Delegate and Digital Strategy Liaison terms are for two years and all other positions are one-year terms. All time commitments listed are approximate and include (but are not limited to) weekend days.
- Please note that if you are intending to run for an RFEC position, attendance at the 2021 Fall Residents Forum meeting on September 25th is recommended in the event that a campaign speech is necessary.
- A primary election will be implemented at the discretion of the current Residents Forum Executive Committee for any position with more than three (3) candidates. For election details, view Article VI in the Residents Forum bylaws (PDF).
- View the current Residents Forum Executive Committee Roster (PDF) and contact them with any questions about serving on the RFEC.
- June 28, 2021 - The statement of interest and CV are due to CAP.
- July 8, 2021 - Nominations are sent to the nominating committee.
- July 23, 2021 - Nominations are posted on cap.org.
- August 25, 2021 - According to RF bylaws, Junior Members who have not been slated by the Nominating Committee and wish to run for an office may do so by submitting a statement of interest, their CV, as well as a petition signed by at least 15 CAP Junior Members in good standing. This information must be submitted to Natalie Castro and received by August 25, 2021.
- September 25, 2021 - RFEC Elections at RF meeting in Chicago, IL
Previous Meeting Materials and Recordings
Members may access Resident Forum agenda books, presentations, and recorded sessions.
- Login and CAP Membership Required.