Our Residents Forum (RF) gives pathology residents a voice in organized pathology, promotes involvement of young leaders in CAP activities, and establishes a network for pathology residents.
2020 Fall Residents Forum Meeting and CAP20 Virtual Activities
Get your financial concerns answered early in residency with our special speaker James Dahle, MD, author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor’s Guide to Personal Finance and Investing. Additionally, we have breakout sessions by practice setting and subspecialties. Finally, hear from candidates running for the 2021 Residents Forum Executive Committee and cast your vote. Election results will be announced at the end of the meeting.
If you have not registered, there is still time. The Residents Forum meeting and CAP20 Virtual is free for CAP Junior (resident) members.
Resident Forum Photography Contest
Residents attending the Residents Forum meeting may participate in our photography contest. You may submit up to two photos of the microscopic or macroscopic world of pathology using either a light microscope or a conventional camera. Entries will be voted on by the Residents Forum Executive Committee and the resident attendees.
The top 10 finalists will be shared via SurveyMonkey on October 5, 2020. Resident attendees will vote on the top three images prior to the 2020 Fall Residents Forum (RF) meeting, October 10, 2020. The three finalists will be announced during the closing remarks of the 2020 Fall Residents Forum meeting.
All submissions are due September 30th, so don’t delay.
Activities At CAP20 Virtual
CAP20 Virtual offers engaging sessions for CAP Junior members:
- Network with CAP leadership and VIPs
- Consult CAP medical library staff on critical topics such as CV review/improvement
- Hear from ABP CEO, Dr. Rebecca Johnson as fields your questions about her informative presentation, ABPath Behind the Scenes: Insights for Board Success.
Join the Residents Forum
The CAP RF has open Delegate positions in numerous states. Please view your state's current representatives (PDF). Review list to determine if you need to appoint new delegate(s). Learn about the RF Delegate Guide/Responsibilities (PDF) and the RF appointments (PDF)
To fill a CAP RF Delegate opening or make changes to the delegation, please contact Natalie Castro.
As a member of the Residents Forum Executive Committee, not only are you helping to shape the future for pathology residents, but you’re also building your own leadership skills and making meaningful connections with colleagues.
2020-2021 Nominees for the Residents Forum Executive Committee
The nomination period for the 2020-2021 RFEC is closed. Take time to view the slate and learn more about the nominees.
Dates to Remember
- October 10, 2020, Virtual Meeting
Residents Forum Executive Committee Roster
- Chair: Adam L. Booth, MD; University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Vice Chair: Mariam A. Molani, DO, MBA; UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX
- Secretary: Tayler van den Akker, MD; Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- Immediate Past Chair: G. Eli Morey, MD, MPH; Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
- Delegate to the AMA Residents Forum Section: Gregory Goldgof, MD, PhD, MS, BS; University of California Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Residents Forum Section: Frederic C. Jewett, DO, LCDR US Navy; Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- Member-at-Large: Hasan Samra, MD; Medical College of Wisconsin, Wauwatosa, WI
- Digital Strategy Liaison: Abdul M. Abid, MD; University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Delegate to CAP House of Delegates: Nathan Sweed, MD; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Alternate Delegate to CAP House of Delegates: Sarah Glogowski, DO; Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Previous Meeting Materials and Recordings
Members may access Resident Forum agenda books, presentations, and recorded sessions.
- Login and CAP Membership Required.