The College of American Pathologists' (CAP) Residents Forum (RF) gives pathology residents a voice in organized pathology, promotes involvement of young leaders in College activities, and establishes a network for pathology residents.
Join the Residents Forum
The CAP RF has open Delegate positions in numerous states. Please view your state's current representatives (PDF, 100 KB). Review list to determine if you need to appoint new delegate(s). Learn about the RF Delegate Guide/Responsibilities (PDF, 77 KB) and the RF appointments (PDF, 75 KB)
To fill a CAP RF Delegate opening or make changes to the delegation, please contact Leah Noparstak.
Residents Forum Executive Committee Election Results
The elections were held on October 20, 2018, in Chicago, IL and the results are:
- Chair: Adam L. Booth, MD; University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Vice Chair: Devin R. Broadwater, MD; San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC), San Antonio, TX
- Secretary: Jason V. Scapa, MD; University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Immediate Past Chair: G. Eli Morey, MD, MPH; Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
- Delegate to the AMA Residents Forum Section: Valerie Lockhart, MD, MBA; Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Residents Forum Section: Simone Arvisais-Anhalt, MD; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Member-at-Large: Tyler R. Teichmeier, MD, MT; University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Digital Strategy Liaison: Mariam A. Molani, DO, MBA; University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Delegate to CAP House of Delegates: Timothy C. Harkcom, DO; National Capital Consortium, Washington, DC
- Alternate Delegate to CAP House of Delegates: Nathan Sweed, MD; University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
This is your chance to influence and advance pathology. As a member of the Residents Forum Executive Committee not only are you helping to shape the future for pathology residents, but you’re also building your own leadership skills and making meaningful connections with colleagues.
Resident Forum Positions and Expectations
- Chair: Presides at RF meetings; acts as liaison to Council on Membership and Professional Development; serves as a voting member of the CAP Board of Governors. Travel commitment: 35 days.
- Vice Chair: Acts in Chair's stead if needed. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Secretary: Prepares PowerPoint presentation for and minutes of RF meetings; chairs RF Credentials Committee. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Alternate Delegate to the AMA Resident and Fellow Section: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position represents the CAP-RF at two AMA meetings annually, and updates the RF on AMA-RFS activities. Travel commitment: 42 days in two years.
- Alternate Delegate to the CAP House of Delegates: Two-year term, first year as alternate delegate, second as delegate. This position presents all RF-adopted resolutions to the House for action, attends House reference committee hearings and general sessions of the House, and may be asked to serve as a member of a House reference committee. Travel commitment: 22 days in two years.
- Digital Strategy Liaison: In partnership with the CAP Digital Strategy team, supports the RF’s use of digital and social media as a means of interfacing with residents. The DSL will assist in the improvement and management of resident digital engagement and will carry out other such duties as are assigned by the Chair and the RFEC. Travel commitment: 11 days.
- Member-at-Large: Assists in recruitment of Junior Members, communicating the activities of the Residents Forum to the Delegates, facilitates communication between the CAP and its Junior Members. Travel commitment: 11 days.
Note: Alternate Delegate terms are for two years and all other positions are one-year terms. All time commitments listed are approximate and include (but are not limited to) weekend days.
Access presentations from previous meetings.
- Login and CAP Membership Required.