Pathologists and pathology practices are confronting a drop in anatomic pathology and related clinical laboratory services due to COVID-19. Join this Twitter Chat discussion (#capchat) with CAP leaders about how pathologists can navigate practice management-related challenges resulting from the impact of COVID-19.
- Host: Brian Huan Thai Le, MD, FCAP, Member, Digital Content Committee (DCC), tweeting from CAP Twitter handle (@Pathologists)
- Guests: Dr. Le (@brianhlemd); Jonathan Myles, MD, FCAP, (@JonathanMyles10), Chair, Council of Government and Professional Affairs. The CAP’s Advocacy office (@CAPDCAdvocacy) will be participating to address regulatory questions.
Chat Discussion Questions
- What programs are available to assist pathology practices facing financial hardship during COVID?
- What are the requirements to qualify for these programs?
- How does a practice decide how much financial assistance to apply for?
- Are there rules that regulate how financial assistance from these programs are to be used?
- Do pathologists who are independent contractors, working locums tenens for example, qualify for these programs?
- What has been your experience in applying for the Federal Aid Programs? If you haven’t applied to any of these programs, why not?
- To what resources can pathologists and pathology practices refer for more assistance and guidance?
Note: This Twitter chat will be following a Q&A format. The host, tweeting from @Pathologists, will ask questions or post discussion topics (beginning with Q1, Q2, etc.); the leaders will post answers starting with “A” and the corresponding question number (A1, A2, etc.). Ask your question or comment on one of the discussion questions/answers by referencing the specific discussion question beginning your tweet with “QX”, with X referring to the question number.
How to Participate
- Follow along on the #capchat hashtag. Invite your followers to join the chat.
- Introduce yourself, where you are from, and any relevant professional details to the group.
- Respond to the Q’s using A1, A2, A3, etc.
Tip: Mute or block any bots taking over your feed. Ask questions and share your best tips and tricks with the group.