Conducting the College of American Pathologists (CAP) External Quality Assurance (EQA)/Proficiency Testing (PT) for all patient reportable tests demonstrates a commitment to quality improvement and provides an excellent tool for learning and competency assessment.
CAP EQA/PT Enrollment Process
Select CAP EQA/PT programs to meet your test menu
- Contact the CAP or your distributor for product selection assistance
- Select the CAP programs from PT Catalog.
- If you do not have a distributor in your country, access the International Ordering Information to learn about import and shipping processes
Submit PT/EQA order to the CAP
- Complete Order Form (PDF, 360 KB).
- Email the order to the CAP.
- Request a pro forma invoice, if needed.
- The CAP will mail you a unique identification number (CAP number) once the order is processed.
Create e-LAB Solutions account
- Make sure you know your CAP number.
- Follow the Getting Started Guide.
Receive CAP PT/EQA shipments and perform testing
- Unpack the kit.
- Read the instructions. Access the Kit Instructions Guide (PDF, 333 KB) for additional assistance.
- Review How To Complete Results Form (PDF, 748 KB) information.