Conducting the College of American Pathologists (CAP) External Quality Assurance (EQA)/Proficiency Testing (PT) for all patient reportable tests demonstrates a commitment to quality improvement and provides an excellent tool for learning and competency assessment.
CAP EQA/PT Enrollment Process
Select CAP EQA/PT Programs to Meet Your Test Menu
- Contact the CAP or find a distributor in your location for product selection assistance based on your test menu.
- Review the available CAP programs from our catalog.
- Access our ordering information to learn about import and shipping processes if you do not have a distributor.
Submit EQA/PT Order to the CAP
- Download and complete the order form:
- Email the order to the CAP.
- Request a quote (pro forma invoice), if needed.
- The CAP will mail you a unique identification number (CAP number) once the order is processed.
Create e-LAB Solutions Account
- Make sure you know your CAP number.
- Follow the Quick Start Guide to set up your account.
Prepare for Importation
- The CAP EQA/PT programs may require additional information and steps to allow importation into your country or republic.
- Contact your local government agency to identify importation and documentation requirements for clearance.
- Gather and prepare all required documents. Some supporting resources to help with the preparation include: Pre-Alert messages which are sent prior to the date of export, the Commercial Invoice (attached to the Pre-Alert email), and an Intent for Use letter which explains the purpose of our programs.
- Submit all required documents to your government agency prior to shipment (date of export) to avoid delays.
Receive CAP EQA/PT Shipments and Perform Testing
- Unpack the kit.
- Read the instructions. Access the Kit Instructions Guide for additional assistance.
- Review How To Complete Results Form information.