- Laboratory Improvement
- Laboratories Outside the USA
- Proficiency Testing (PT)/External Quality Assessment (EQA) Programs
- Proficiency Testing (PT)/External Quality Assessment (EQA) Programs Process
Proficiency Testing (PT)/External Quality Assessment (EQA) Programs Process
Conducting the College of American Pathologists (CAP) Proficiency Testing (PT)/External Quality Assessment (EQA) for all patient reportable tests demonstrates a commitment to quality improvement and provides an excellent tool for learning and competency assessment.
Choose CAP PT/EQA Programs to Meet Your Test Menu
- Contact the CAP or find a distributor in your location for product selection assistance based on your test menu.
- Review the available CAP programs from our catalog.
- Access our ordering information to learn about import and shipping processes if you do not have a distributor.
Submit PT/EQA Order to the CAP
Create e-LAB Solutions Account
- Make sure you know your CAP number.
- Follow the Quick Start Guide to set up your account.
Plan for Importation
- The CAP PT/EQA programs may require additional information and steps to allow importation into your country or republic. Access the Importation Resource Guide to understand the process and resources available.
- Contact your local government agency to identify importation and documentation requirements for clearance. Below is the current list of available country-specific guidance. The information contained in the documents is subject to change and is provided as a courtesy.
- Gather and prepare all required documents. Some supporting resources to help with the preparation include: Pre-Alert messages which are sent prior to the date of export, the Commercial Invoice (attached to the Pre-Alert email), and an Intent of Use letter which explains the purpose of our programs.
- Submit all required documents to your government agency prior to shipment (date of export) to avoid delays.