To define and monitor the state of the art and emerging technologies in reproductive medicine including embryology and andrology that contribute to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of effective CAP proficiency testing programs; to provide information and expertise in reproductive medicine and related areas to other components of the College and the CAP members; to contribute to the continuing education of the laboratory community through Surveys, critiques, publications, and participation in CAP educational programs; and to maintain liaison, where appropriate, with other organizations concerned with reproductive medicine.
|Time Commitment Requirements|
|Number of face-to-face meetings||3|
|Length of meetings||1 day|
|Typical meeting days||Saturday or Sunday|
|Meeting locations||Within one hour drive of an airport. September meeting held in conjunction with CAP annual meeting.|
|Number of conference calls||3|
|Hours/year of committee work required outside of meetings||Members 30+, Vice Chair 45+, Chair 75+|
Activities of Committee
- Provide written discussions related to sperm morphology and new technologies in reproductive medicine.
- Monitor participant performance by evaluating the Semen Analysis and Embryology Surveys Participant Summaries.
- Provide recommendations to the CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program for the Reproductive Laboratory Accreditation. Program checklists (as new technology and procedures emerge in the laboratory,
Expertise or Experience
- Interest in promoting pathology as a specialty and reproductive medicine as a subspecialty
- Interest in promoting excellence in reproductive medicine practice
- Interest in participating in reproductive medicine related workshops on behalf of the CAP (eg, American Society of Hematology, American Association of Clinical Chemistry, and American Society of Reproductive Medicine)
Benefits of Committee Membership
- Opportunity to provide reproductive medicine related workshops on behalf of the CAP
- Opportunity to write discussions for continuing medical education/continuing education (CME/CE) on reproductive medicine topics
Representation on Committee Beyond the CAP
- 2 consultants