Become a CAP Junior Member
Junior membership includes access to a variety of free or greatly discounted member benefit resources specific to your needs as a resident. We provide guidance through each year of residency, helping keep pace with the changing roles of the specialty and ultimately prepares you to become a successful pathologist.
CAP Junior Membership is free for all residents in the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education accredited pathology training programs.
CAP Residents Forum
Our Residents Forum gives pathology residents a voice in organized pathology, promotes involvement of young leaders in CAP activities early in their careers, and establishes a network for pathology residents within the CAP. Learn more and join the CAP Residents Forum.
The CAP is committed to helping you take the next big step, from helping you find the perfect opportunity to easing the transition from Resident to Medical Staff. Access resources and apply for available jobs.
Networking with CAP Members
The purposes of the College of American Pathologists Residents Forum's Standardized Pathology Fellowship application are to:
- Streamline the fellowship application process.
- Encourage ethical fellowship acceptance guidelines.
- Build consensus on application deadlines.
- Entrust oversight of the fellowship application process to the pathology chairs through the Association of Pathology Chairs.
Pathology Fellowship Directors: Please let us know that you accept the Standardized Pathology Fellowship Application. We will post your program's name for your future fellows' use.
The CAP Foundation offers awards and fellowships to CAP member residents.
CAP for Medical Students
- Learn more about a career in pathology and how to join the CAP Medical Student Forum.
- Review the slide deck Pathology 101: A Specialty Review by Pathology Residents for Medical Students.
- Access the Pathology Resident Wiki, which provides a central location with up-to-date information regarding fellowship application, online pathology resources, and more.