Expertise in Precision Medicine
The Personalized Health Care Committee presents resources which focus on emerging areas of precision medicine. This includes brief, relevant articles by CAP members that enable the reader to gain a better understanding of a particular area of precision medicine. Examples include pharmacogenetics, immune response genes, and the latest in the molecular drivers of cancer. Articles often include curated references so readers may learn more about a particular subject area.
We hope you find these resources useful, and if you have ideas for topics you would like to learn more about please do not hesitate to email us.
Articles and Presentations by the Personalized Health Care Committee
The following articles and presentation were developed by members of the Personalized Health Care Committee and cover a variety of precision medicine topics.
- Pathology Highlights from ASH 2020; Annette S. Kim, MD, PhD, FCAP, March 15, 2021
- Pathology Highlights from AMP 2020; Jordan S. Laser, MD, FCAP, January 19, 2021
- Pathology Highlights from ASCO 2020; Sophia Yohe, MD, FCAP, December 18, 2020
- Cancer Immunotherapy Biomarker Testing – What Pathologists Need to Know; Eric Walk, MD, FCAP, November 20, 2020
- How Good are COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Diagnostic PCR Tests?; Sophia Yohe, MD, FCAP, August 15, 2020
- The Imprecision in Precision Medicine; Carolyn Compton, MD, PhD, FCAP, December 30, 2019
- Testing of Specimens From Patients With Advanced Colorectal Carcinoma; Joseph E. Willis, MD, FCAP, November 14, 2019
- Modern Genomic Profiling in Myeloid Disorders and Acute Leukemia: A Practical Approach; Pranil K. Chandra, DO, FCAP, September 27, 2018
- Rapid Molecular Panels for the Identification of Bloodstream Pathogens; Franklin R. Moore, MD, PhD, FCAP, August 1, 2018
- Going Beyond Driver Mutations in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms; Nina Haghi, MD, FCAP, August 1, 2018
- Clinical Implementation of Pharmacogenomic Testing; Ann M. Moyer, MD, PhD, FCAP, May 22, 2018
- Utilization Management; Jordan S. Laser, MD, FCAP, May 22, 2018
- Next-Generation Sequencing for HLA Genotyping; Matthew W. Anderson, MD, PhD, FCAP, May 22, 2018
- The 'Liquid' Biopsy; Damon R. Olson, MD, FCAP, May 22, 2018
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Worksheets
Next Generation Sequencing worksheets, or NGS worksheets, focus on variant detection in the setting of inherited disease and provide a structured framework to guide the user through the entire life cycle of an NGS test. Each of the NGS worksheets contain background, instructions, and step-by-step guidance with examples for the different phases of NGS test development and implementation.
Access the worksheets