Expertise in Precision Medicine
The Personalized Health Care Committee presents resources which focus on emerging areas of precision medicine. This includes brief, relevant articles by CAP members that enable the reader to gain a better understanding of a particular area of precision medicine. Examples include pharmacogenetics, immune response genes, and the latest in the molecular drivers of cancer. Articles often include curated references so readers may learn more about a particular subject area.
We hope you find these resources useful, and if you have ideas for topics you would like to learn more about please do not hesitate to email us.
Articles and Presentations by the Personalized Health Care Committee
The following articles and presentation were developed by members of the Personalized Health Care Committee and cover a variety of precision medicine topics.
- Genomic Alterations as Predictors of Immunotherapy Response; Jinjuan Yao, MD, PhD, FCAP, August 16, 2022
- Molecular Subclassifications of DLBCL; Annette S. Kim, MD, PhD, FCAP; Fabienne Lucas, MD, PhD, July 14, 2022
- Doing a Lot with a Little: Molecular Testing on Cytology Specimens; Annette S. Kim, MD, PhD, FCAP; Vladislav V. Makarenko, MD, PhD, June 28, 2022
- Biomarker Testing in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST); Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang, MD, PhD, FCAP, May 20, 2022
- Molecular Diagnostics in Sarcoma Pathology; Matthew Hiemenz, MD, MS, FCAP, March 31, 2022
- The 'Liquid' Biopsy; Damon R. Olson, MD, FCAP, Updated March 22, 2022
- Machine Learning in Pathology: The Potential to Predict the Future for Patients; Michael Drage, MD, PhD, FCAP; Archit Khosla, MS; Mary Lin, PhD; Vicki Mountain, PhD; Eric Walk, MD, FCAP, January 4, 2021
- The Updates of Molecular Testing in T-cell Malignancies; Jinjuan Yao, MD, PhD, FCAP, November 18, 2021
- CHIPping Away at CHIP (Or What It Means If Your Heme or Solid Tumor NGS Panel Identifies CH); Annette S. Kim MD, PhD, FCAP, June 29, 2021
- Biomarker Testing for Lung Adenocarcinoma in 2021-Summary for Practicing Pathologist; Chung-Che Chang, MD, PhD, FCAP, June 7, 2021
- Molecular Oncology Testing in the Pediatric Population; Damon Olson, MD, FCAP, June 7, 2021
- Cancer Immunotherapy Biomarker Testing – What Pathologists Need to Know; Eric Walk, MD, FCAP, November 20, 2020
- How Good are COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Diagnostic PCR Tests?; Sophia Yohe, MD, FCAP, August 15, 2020
- Rapid Molecular Panels for the Identification of Bloodstream Pathogens; Franklin R. Moore, MD, PhD, FCAP, August 1, 2018
- Going Beyond Driver Mutations in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms; Nina Haghi, MD, FCAP, August 1, 2018
- Next-Generation Sequencing for HLA Genotyping; Matthew W. Anderson, MD, PhD, FCAP, May 22, 2018
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Worksheets
Next Generation Sequencing worksheets, or NGS worksheets, focus on variant detection in the setting of inherited disease and provide a structured framework to guide the user through the entire life cycle of an NGS test. Each of the NGS worksheets contain background, instructions, and step-by-step guidance with examples for the different phases of NGS test development and implementation.
Access the worksheets