Expertise in Precision Medicine
The Personalized Health Care Committee presents resources which focus on emerging areas of precision medicine. This includes brief, relevant articles by CAP members that enable the reader to gain a better understanding of a particular area of precision medicine. Examples include pharmacogenetics, immune response genes, and the latest in the molecular drivers of cancer. Articles often include curated references so readers may learn more about a particular subject area.
We hope you find these resources useful, and if you have ideas for topics you would like to learn more about please do not hesitate to email us.
– Matthew W. Anderson MD, PhD, FCAP and Jordan S. Laser, MD, FCAP on behalf of the Precision Medicine Resource Center project team
Articles and Presentations by the Personalized Health Care Committee
The following articles and presentation were developed by members of the Personalized Health Care Committee and cover a variety of precision medicine topics.
- Modern Genomic Profiling in Myeloid Disorders and Acute Leukemia: A Practical Approach; Pranil K. Chandra, DO, FCAP
- Rapid Molecular Panels for the Identification of Bloodstream Pathogens; Franklin R. Moore, MD, PhD, FCAP
- Going Beyond Driver Mutations in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms; Nina Haghi, MD, FCAP
- Clinical Implementation of Pharmacogenomic Testing; Ann M. Moyer, MD, PhD, FCAP
- Utilization Management; Jordan S. Laser, MD, FCAP
- Next-Generation Sequencing for HLA Genotyping; Matthew W. Anderson, MD, PhD, FCAP
- The 'Liquid' Biopsy; Damon R. Olson, MD, FCAP
- Short Presentation on Emerging Concepts: PD-L1: Immune Check Point Blockade in Cancer
- Short Presentation on Emerging Concepts: HER2 Testing in Gastric/GEJ Adenocarcinoma
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Worksheets
Next Generation Sequencing worksheets, or NGS worksheets, focus on variant detection in the setting of inherited disease and provide a structured framework to guide the user through the entire life cycle of an NGS test. Each of the NGS worksheets contain background, instructions, and step-by-step guidance with examples for the different phases of NGS test development and implementation.
Access the worksheets
- Login and CAP Membership required.
Direct questions, comments on Precision Medicine to: